Easy Listening Breakbeatraer

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited May 2015 in Strut Central
All my records are in boxes in the garage. But I was going through all of the clips I had recorded on to my computer and was enjoying it so much that I wanted to share some. It's not really a mix, just some clips lined up together. A lot of these records look terrible and then you drop the needle and have that "oh shit" moment. Most of these only have a few seconds of goodness before the terrible cheese kicks in, but whatever. I love them.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Gary said:
    All my records are in boxes in the garage. But I was going through all of the clips I had recorded on to my computer and was enjoying it so much that I wanted to share some. It's not really a mix, just some clips lined up together. A lot of these records look terrible and then you drop the needle and have that "oh shit" moment. Most of these only have a few seconds of goodness before the terrible cheese kicks in, but whatever. I love them.

I'll raise you this Bert Kaempfert joint:

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Good god these are dope.

Do you have an artist/track list

or

Shall I take that shit to the...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I fucks with Bert!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    parallax said:
    Good god these are dope.

or

Funny you should ask. I was going to put that info in the video but I thought it would be more fun to see if anybody knows any of these first.

If I get crickets then I'll just post a list or something.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Gary said:
    parallax said:
    Good god these are dope.

or

Funny you should ask. I was going to put that info in the video but I thought it would be more fun to see if anybody knows any of these first.

If I get crickets then I'll just post a list or something.

Cool - thanks

I think you posted recently about working on some new music?

I hope you do. Ako, Bsides, and yourself made the craziest shit. C7, too.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Gary said:
    I fucks with Bert!

Bert has breaks. Isn't their a PYHITH on that LP as well?

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    "Easy Listening" is such a great genre. I have 2 full crates of these records with at least 1 song on 'em that's good all the way through. Not just breaks! For example Percy Faith's cover of Freddie Hubbard's "First Light" on the Corazon LP, killer rhodes.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Always dreamed of finding this beside 101 strings:

• stop snitching on that bert

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    holy! thanks. that elanor rigby bit was niiiice.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Here are a bunch of my favorite covers of "Caravan"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Always dreamed of finding this beside 101 strings:

iframe width="560" height="315"
    src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Oh shit. 19:55 in...

I'm not just a doctor, I'm a man!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i came to the conclusion that i am never going to find that Moody LP. It had been on my list since the 90's.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Gary said:
    Here are a bunch of my favorite covers of "Caravan"

Just realized i had this set to 'private'. just fixed it. now listen to caravan.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    At first I bought easy listening records as kind of a joke, but it didn't take long for me to stop looking for breaks and moody loops.

Instead I was charmed by the wildly creative cover songs, weird instrumentation, loungey swing tempos, organs, bongos, music made for martinis and ascots!

Often unintentionally corny (but sometimes you get the feeling they are doing it on purpose).
    Now the more "loungey" the better. Something about the earnest schmaltz just does it for me. And there are some real gems hidden here.

I hope you guys see the same thing in them that I do. I really do love these records.