RECORD DIGGING = trendy

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2015 in Strut Central
Record Digging and Beards... The Waxidermy lifestyle has met the mainstream. This commercial is some cringe-worthy shit.

Comments

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    right - time to shave and sell all my "vinyls"

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Kevin Spacey shilling for E*trade?!

So sad.

Is he broke?

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    parallax said:

So sad.

Is he broke?

Seen House of Cards lately?

America has a weird relationship with celebrities doing advertisements, where it's fairly commonplace in many other countries.

When was the last time you saw Nic Cage doing a commercial? And yet he's been in a dozen shitty movies a year for the past decade.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    parallax said:

So sad.

Is he broke?

America has a weird relationship with celebrities doing advertisements, where it's fairly commonplace in many other countries.

When was the last time you saw Nic Cage doing a commercial? And yet he's been in a dozen shitty movies a year for the past decade.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Spacey don't give a fuck. Movie, TV, commercials, video games. He'll do them all... Think of him more as a brand, experimenting with all sorts of different kinds of mediums.

With House of Cards, he isn't just the star. He's an executive producer.

I wonder how much he got paid from Call of Duty?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I just grew a faux-stache, and can't understand how dudes can stand having pubes around their face.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    yuichi said:
    I just grew a faux-stache, and can't understand how dudes can stand having pubes around their face.

Apparently these beards collect a lot of poo particles!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Kevin Spacy

mattB said:
    Kevin Spacy

prof_rockwell said:
    parallax said:

So sad.

Is he broke?

I don't watch TV/Netflix shows. No time for them.

I remember reading (and maybe I'm wrong) that he parlayed his success into putting a lot of love and money into theatre, which made me think he was very principled. And maybe that's just what he's doing here.

Nic Cage doing shitty movies makes sense since he's broke. He'd probably do E*Trade, too, but no chance they'd use him.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    RAJ said:
    yuichi said:

My coworker was telling me about this. He has a full beard. Is it full of shit?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    RAJ said:
    yuichi said:

My coworker was telling me about this. He has a full beard. Is it full of shit?

http://now.snopes.com/2015/05/05/beards-poop/

OK.... Wall Street... I hate you!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    parallax said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    parallax said:

So sad.

Is he broke?

I remember reading (and maybe I'm wrong) that he parlayed his success into putting a lot of love and money into theatre, which made me think he was very principled. And maybe that's just what he's doing here.

Nic Cage doing shitty movies makes sense since he's broke. He'd probably do E*Trade, too, but no chance they'd use him.

Got enough time to mention you have no time for TV, yet can chime in on principled Spacey doing a commercial for E*Trade? Is E*Trade, in your opinion, some evil company or something, if you have enough time in your day to continue to weigh in?

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    these A-listers coming down t hock financial products is disgusting.

I don't want to live in a world where Pedro ceranno from major league isn't the guy selling me insurance.

white_tea said:
    parallax said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    parallax said:

So sad.

Is he broke?

Got enough time to mention you have no time for TV, yet can chime in on principled Spacey doing a commercial for E*Trade? Is E*Trade, in your opinion, some evil company or something, if you have enough time in your day to continue to weigh in?

Haha! Wow...settle down, dude.

*edit* Me saying I don't have time for TV has everything to do with running after my 2 year old, and nothing to do with being too good or too important for TV (if that's an issue). I envy people who have time for record digging, the latest movies (I just watched Guardians Of The Galaxy--that's how far back I am), and Netflix, etc.

And for the people who have toddlers and can balance time for everything else, hats off to you!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

there is also a random big-pharma commercial running right now for god-knows what drug where the random 30 something white guy is record shopping and then buys some coffee and a scone. Anyone?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I am more bummed out by the HEY THESE PUSSIES ARE PUSSIES hipster backlash angle