Montage of Heck (Nirvana Related)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2015 in Strut Central
So ready for this....

The Nirvana / Cobain docs up to this time have been absolute conspiracy riddled shit.

I'm excited to see him in a light that I've never seen him before.

Comments

• This trailer is fucking bonkers.

The home videos, the festival footage... Jesus.

Brett Morgen is so good. Cannot wait to see this.

• Their music has aged incredibly well. Yeah, yeah- he died, it's preserved in amber.

But that is still as good as it gets for rock n' roll.

Great title too, by the way.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bump. Premieres tmw night on HBO. It's also on the torrents already.

Great flick... Well done. It gives insight into Cobain that people have never seen....

The only problem is that this movie is an obvious Courtney Love puff piece.

I won't include any spoilers.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    This a damn good doc --- digging all the art/cartoon stuff embedded throughout the story

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Only caught the first half but it seems to be focusing on the real person and his struggles which is good. He wasn't a saint and his family maybe could have done things differently but that's the daily struggle for so many families.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Really enjoyed this. The diary entries and home video clips really expose his experience and it's all intimately personal, impressive and mostly sad.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Was great until Courtney Love entered the picture.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I loved it - seems like consensus, which is raer as rocking horse shit for SS.

Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Really enjoyed this. The diary entries and home video clips really expose his experience and it's all intimately personal, impressive and mostly sad.

The style was dope and reminded me a lot of Jonathon Caouette's EPIC autobiodoc Tarnation:

I haven't seen anything else by Brett Morgen. What's good? How's the 30 for 30 he did?

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    looking forward to it.
    if you enjoy all the concert / backstage stuff, I always enjoyed 'The year that Punk broke'

The Year Punk Broke (Legendado PT-BR) from ProzakMan on Vimeo.