Record stores in New Orleans

toniotonio 22 Posts
edited April 2015 in Strut Central
Hey guys,

I'm going to NOLA this week and plan on hitting some stores. I've been to Euclid and Peaches on previous trips, but I'm wondering if there's any other good spots in town. Let me know, thanks.

Comments

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Domino Sound, best in town, and a really great brand new shop Disko Obskura with lots of synth/funk/electro records. Louisiana Music Factory sometimes has some gems lying around and is definitely worth going to as well. It's right on Frenchmen now, so don't go to their old Decatur location.
    there's also a little shop called Captain's Vinyl, i've never done well there but worth maybe stopping into if you're nearby. just don't expect to get some amazing comeup.
    if you're looking for more punk/metal/new vinyl there's skully'z & a little shop being run out of the music venue gasa gasa uptown.

• toniotonio 22 Posts
    thanks, i'll def check out domino. i'm looking for jazz btw, and soul/funk/blues to some extent. jazz is my thing though.

• Hey Tgone. I was just in New Orleans. Such an amazing place!

I would definitely second Louisiana Music Factory for jazz records. They have really nice listening stations as well
    Domino also gets my recommendation. Nice little spot. Pretty unique

• I spent a day digging at Jim Russell Rare Records on Magazine St. in 1998 but ended up not getting anything because he wanted 2x the marked prices of the records I picked. Huge inventory, including an "oddball 45s" wall, but go at your own risk.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    he wanted 2x the marked prices of the records I picked.

:face_melt: :shitty: :icallbullshit:

• toniotonio 22 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Hey Tgone. I was just in New Orleans. Such an amazing place!

I would definitely second Louisiana Music Factory for jazz records. They have really nice listening stations as well
    Domino also gets my recommendation. Nice little spot. Pretty unique

cheers, thank you

yes, nola is incredible and so underrated. there's just no city in america quite like it.