Zulus MC (vintage clothes find)

2»

Comments

• Thank you Frank for your reply. Could you please check your private messages.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Darryl, if you really are who you say you are (and I have my doubts), just wait until after September of 2016 and perhaps we can strike a deal. I'm still not too hot on parting with this item but I don't want to punish you for other people's stupidity and say it'd be completely impossible to talk me into cutting a deal once the time comes. My email address is "my first name" @ voodoofunk.com

Not that I'm playing hard to get but the vest is not stored in what you might imagine as a storage unit. This is a facility that stores artifacts for Berlin's most prestigious museums and private art collections. We have a 40' container worth of wooden crates in there and while it would technically be easy to locate the correct crate, it would be cost prohibitive to go through this process just for this one object. Plus the crates are all sealed and can legally only be opened by these people when I am personally present so please let's put this to rest until sometime after September of 2016.

Darryl, please don't send any more messages through this board and let's stop communicating on here. I don't think you'll need the patronizing services of these clowns and I guess by now it 's become clear to see how this vegetating forum for white bread break collectros of yesteryear is not going to be of much help for your cause: First Gary and some random nameless dude are trying their best to piss off the guy who has what you want and then this tool Kala pops on the scene to vent (and later delete) some bizarre rant about my wife (?)… what's up with that? People constantly come back to this as if it's a crime for a woman to have a highly successful career in international diplomacy...

Kala, Gary and all the nameless and long forgotten citizens who took offense with my life style before... I feel sorry for all you pathetic squares, how you are running after some antiquated American dream that died 20 years ago. It's funny if mildly embarrassing to watch you from afar as you scramble, like demented lemmings, helplessly trying to get some joy or at least a measly profit out of your sorry existence before finding some unspectacular demise to a life lived for nothing worthwhile, really. Family men with their wounded egos and their badly aged housewifes... worn out, disillusioned creatures, gone sour from broken promises and failed dreams, shitting out one useless brat (call them your "beautiful children" all day long, they're just useless bundles of low quality protein) after the other into that stale, sub-urban horror -and what do you get? 10 days of paid vacation each blur of a year… wow, what a fucking nightmare that has to be.

As a gentleman of leisure I can't offer you the comfort of saying that I can feel your pain. I'm in fact completely foreign to your crappy life experience and glad for it but I guess it's gotta sting like a motherfucker. Don't let it all weigh you down too much though. There's always suicide as a solution. Maybe paradise does exist or maybe you'll be reincarnated into a more worthwhile existence… why not risk it? It's not like you have anything to lose and even if it all just goes black, even in this worst case scenario you'll still succeed in minimizing your carbon footprint. Don't just hope for change, Kala, take the initiative and do something. If you can't reach for your bootstraps, grab a noose and seize the day!

Now if you'd excuse me while my friends and I drive down to the Caribbean to spend the rest of the month digging for records and going surfing...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Retired said:
    I feel sorry for all you pathetic squares, running after some antiquated American dream that died 20 years ago. Like demented lemmings, helplessly trying to get some joy or even a measly profit out of those dead end jobs of yours. Family men ego and their badly aged housewifes... worn out, disillusioned creatures, gone sour from broken promises and failed dreams, shitting out one useless brat (call them your "beautiful children" all day long, they're just useless bundles of low quality protein) after the other into that stale, sub-urban horror -and what do you get? 10 days of paid vacation… wow, what a fucking nightmare that has to be.

Thank you for summing up my life so succinctly.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    "
    Kala, Gary and all the nameless and long forgotten citizens who took offense with my life style before... I feel sorry for all you pathetic squares, how you are running after some antiquated American dream that died 20 years ago. It's funny if mildly embarrassing to watch you from afar as you scramble, like demented lemmings, helplessly trying to get some joy or at least a measly profit out of your sorry existence before finding some unspectacular demise to a life lived for nothing worthwhile, really. Family men with their wounded egos and their badly aged housewifes... worn out, disillusioned creatures, gone sour from broken promises and failed dreams, shitting out one useless brat (call them your "beautiful children" all day long, they're just useless bundles of low quality protein) after the other into that stale, sub-urban horror -and what do you get? 10 days of paid vacation each blur of a year… wow, what a fucking nightmare that has to be.

As a gentleman of leisure I can't offer you the comfort of saying that I can feel your pain. I'm in fact completely foreign to your crappy life experience and glad for it but I guess it's gotta sting like a motherfucker. Don't let it all weigh you down too much though. There's always suicide as a solution. Maybe paradise does exist or maybe you'll be reincarnated into a more worthwhile existence… why not risk it? It's not like you have anything to lose and even if it all just goes black, even in this worst case scenario you'll still succeed in minimizing your carbon footprint. Don't just hope for change, Kala, take the initiative and do something. If you can't reach for your bootstraps, grab a noose and seize the day!

Now if you'd excuse me while my friends and I drive down to the Caribbean to spend the rest of the month digging for records and going surfing..."

haha
    pure comedy!
    at a bare minimum I gave been able to support myself and travel the world without having to rely on anyone else but myself.
    it must be nice to have a wife with a cushy job at the UN so you can maintain your "life of leisure"
    i bet without her you would still be in Berlin spinning funk 45's or whatever music trend you were [r]aping at the moment to all of your 60 year old pals.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Retired said:
    It's funny if mildly embarrassing to watch you from afar as you scramble, like demented lemmings, helplessly trying to get some joy or at least a measly profit out of your sorry existence before finding some unspectacular demise to a life lived for nothing worthwhile, really. Family men with their wounded egos and their badly aged housewifes... worn out, disillusioned creatures, gone sour from broken promises and failed dreams, shitting out one useless brat (call them your "beautiful children" all day long, they're just useless bundles of low quality protein) after the other into that stale, sub-urban horror -and what do you get? 10 days of paid vacation each blur of a year… wow, what a fucking nightmare that has to be.

What up, Patrick Bateman?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Retired said:
    then this tool Kala pops on the scene to vent (and later delete) some bizarre rant about my wife (?)… what's up with that?

This all feels very vintage Soulstrut: insults, deleted messages, threats of quitting the board.

I'm waiting for the calls for a ban by the moderators. Do we still have moderators? Where is DCastillo when you need him.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Retired said:
    I feel sorry for all you pathetic squares, running after some antiquated American dream that died 20 years ago. Like demented lemmings, helplessly trying to get some joy or even a measly profit out of those dead end jobs of yours. Family men ego and their badly aged housewifes... worn out, disillusioned creatures, gone sour from broken promises and failed dreams, shitting out one useless brat (call them your "beautiful children" all day long, they're just useless bundles of low quality protein) after the other into that stale, sub-urban horror -and what do you get? 10 days of paid vacation… wow, what a fucking nightmare that has to be.

Thank you for summing up my life so succinctly.

It does sound vaguely familiar.

• Does this "I live the good life/I smoke weed and drink rum/I travel in the coolest places on earth to find records and you are all worthless lames..." thing still impress anybody aside fragile minds like parallax ? Shit's getting old....

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Retired said:
    Not that I'm playing hard to get but the vest is not stored in what you might imagine as a storage unit. This is a facility that stores artifacts for Berlin's most prestigious museums and private art collections. We have a 40' container worth of wooden crates in there and while it would technically be easy to locate the correct crate, it would be cost prohibitive to go through this process just for this one object. Plus the crates are all sealed and can legally only be opened by these people when I am personally present so please let's put this to rest until sometime after September of 2016.

He has top men working on it right now.

WHO?

TOP. MEN.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Damn, for someone who's ranting about being so laid back and content, "Retired" sure comes off as uptight and unhappy. You made a profession out of digging. That doesn't make you any more entitled to be happy than anyone else. Sure there are tons of mindless people with 40/hr week jobs up here. I have one and I really like it. I've done international digging, and for me it's a hobby. I wouldn't want to make it a life. You shared a lot of African music with the world and that's respectable. You got called out for making questionable decisions with the vest. That's no reason to lash out.

As for the vest, yes it is cool, but there are gentleman's rules in this world. A person can do what they want, but understanding the way the world works and respecting the traditions of the people you share it with is how to do it. I'd think you of all people would understand that. As funny as it might be, that vest really does belong in a museum or back with the club. Thinking of some white dude wearing or hoarding it is cringeworthy and reps cluelessness.

We need Controler7 to do a gif of the jacket rising out of the ark and burning all in it's path.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    swissbeatz said:
    Does this "I live the good life/I smoke weed and drink rum/I travel in the coolest places on earth to find records and you are all worthless lames..." thing still impress anybody aside fragile minds like parallax? Shit's getting old....

Haha! Thanks for the driveby hate, random Eurodude!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I have a version of that vest, with no bells.

What am I bid?

• Retired said:
    There's always suicide as a solution..

I'm cool with the insults but this is just plain stupid. Please check yourself.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Gary lives in San Diego and works for the government... nufff said.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wow, who knew that a "life of leisure" can make you more of a dick than any other type of life possibly could?

Glad for my job even more now.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    CBear said:
    Damn, for someone who's ranting about being so laid back and content, "Retired" sure comes off as uptight and unhappy...

You're mistaken, I'm happy like a pig in shit. Ever heard of the term "Schadenfreude"? In fact, my wife and I both had a healthy laugh over this thread for a minute or so last night before retiring to our garden patio where the maid served us a light dinner.

RAJ said:
    Gary lives in San Diego and works for the government... nufff said.

hm... sounds horrible… I almost feel bad how brilliantly this solidifies all the speculation on my part. We all know that only the top most important offices of the US government are located in San Diego... fuckers even have to close their beaches due to too much sewage in the water. What a shithole.

kala said:

I gave been able to support myself and travel the world without having to rely on anyone else but myself.

Great. Good for you. I've heard about this concept of young people going "backpacking" for a little while before settling into a life time of conformity, dullness and misery. Did you do this before or after your parents paid for your college?

kala said:

It must be nice to have a wife with a cushy job at the UN so you can maintain your "life of leisure"

Yes, it's nice to have gardeners and maids and to live in a mansion that's nestled in tropical mountains, all without paying any rent. But do I need this? No, I own sales stock of 10.000+ records with an average, individual retail value well into the 3 figures (not including my private collection which is insured at about twice that)*. I don't need a successful spouse to maintain a "cushy" lifestyle. However, I'm certainly very thankful for all the perks that come with the situation at hand. I'll spare you the details, otherwise your bitching, bickering and whining would know no end at all.

My wife never worked at the UN btw, somebody must have fed you some bad piece of intel.

kala said:
    I bet without her you would still be in Berlin spinning funk 45's

Sorry to have to tell you but this one was a misfire. Before I ever spun my first funk 45 in Berlin and more than 10 years before my wife entered her diplomatic career we both spent 4 years in NYC, putting on one of the city's most notoriously decadent and hedonistic club night that people still talk about today. Later on we spent some 5 years dj-ing and promoting the Soul Explosion in Berlin before selling the party to a successor for enough money to move to West Africa and go on a 3 year digging trip all over the region. The Soul Explosion keeps running strong to this very day and for long has been established as Europe's biggest and longest running Deep Funk night, pulling a crowd of around 2.000 punters each month. This is how I got to where I am now, as a result of 25 years of work and passion and without the help of anybody else. So fuck you and your meaningless, sheltered, little life and enjoy your handful of days in Amsterdam... how does that work for you btw? 10 days of paid vacation for a whole year of slaving away to pay off your mortgage and your college loan. What a shit of a life that must be. I commend you on your endurance, keep on keeping on!

kala said:
    all of your 60 year old pals.

hahaha… I'm old but not that old you cheeky little bugger...

HarveyCanal said:
    Wow, who knew that a "life of leisure" can make you more of a dick than any other type of life possibly could?

That's the spirit!

Weird though, I thought you had recently mentioned how much you hated it at home and how you were nourishing a pipe dream about moving to Costa Rica... don't give up, keep on following the dream like any good gringo!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Retired said:

HarveyCanal said:

That's the spirit!

Weird though, I thought you had recently mentioned how much you hated it at home and how you were nourishing a pipe dream about moving to Costa Rica...

It'll be 8-10 years from now. But yes, I can definitely see myself moving to Costa Rica or somewhere else overseas.

I really have no preference on how you live your own life. But the telling people to commit suicide and being stingy with the jacket...both get the gasface from me.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Lol

That's that famous German sense of humor for ya

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Thanks to Chatty for unwittingly kickstarting this trip down a Memory Lane of golden beef.

I hope Frank reflects, and does the decent thing way before 2016.
    I hope you are genuine.
    But above all, I hope we never lose the ability to slang each other with that pent up testosterone fury more appropriate to a 15yo kid with a face full of acne, a crippling crush on the girl who lives opposite, and a 4 day erection that requires you to get in an elevator like you're playing Twister.
    But enough about me.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Haha who else had no kids, kept a bunch of dogs, had a foul temper, was rumored to have retired in south america - guy had a thing for leather and questionable fashion... ethnic fixations... kept servants... had minions hoarding art for him? spiritually challenged? quite unpopular towards the end of his life? help me out guys? ring a bell?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Edit:  I don't post this as a response because I have no interest in continuing this weird discussion. The posts below made me change my mind and not give the damn thing to anybody.

If the Zulu MC has any grief with this they can thank those who ran their mouth on this shit.

Gary, I hope you enjoy the sewage polluted beaches of San Diego. I recently dropped by the place on a road trip... only upside was the small size that made it easy to get out of there real quick. Damn what a literal shithole, no wonder you're such an angry little brat.

Good move.

• Retired said:
    He'll get the jacket and that'll be the end of it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Frank... Can we have the jacket?

Pretty Please?

:dominoes:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Retired said:

Chatty is who he says he is, I had my doubts sine I had received and declined a offer from a board member to buy this around the time I first posted it. He'll get the jacket and that'll be the end of it.

Riiiiight... You just wanted to make sure he was the real deal first.

:facepalm:

Frank back peddles so hard he could win the Tour de France in reverse.