Zulus MC (vintage clothes find)

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
In the early 90s a friend of mine had a job sorting container loads of vintage clothes for a chain of 2nd hand clothing stores in Berlin. Every month or so, they had a 40' shipping container coming in from the US. My friend made sure that a few of the cooler items ended up in my closet. This was one of the highlights:

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I know a ton of Zulus here in Ohio they still around riding their motorcycles

• Not hip hop related

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    motorcycle club

sick find, but be careful rocking that, frank. some burly whiskey guzzler might not be feeling you wearing their toprock. 'What chapter are you? BLAP!"

i just found this in little falls, ma

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    http://www.atlantazulus.com/ they have chapters in quite a few places and they started back in 1969 near where I live in Akron Ohio this was before Bambaataa started the Zulu Nation....

• Hello Frank,

My name is Darryl and I came across you doing a search online for old Zulu MC information. I am apart of the Zulus Motorcycle club here in Akron, Ohio. We are the Mother Chapter, meaning this is where the club started back in 1969. I saw you came across an old vest with our patch on it an posted on here awhile back. Is it possible you still have that vest? If so, I would be VERY interested in purchasing it from you. That vest is apart of our history, and it would mean a great deal to our club if we could get it and display it in our clubhouse. The fact that it is on a denim jacket leads me to believe it could have belonged to one of our original members. I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future.

Many Blessings,
    Darryl

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Darryl Chatty Chapman Jr. said:
    Hello Frank,

My name is Darryl and I came across you doing a search online for old Zulu MC information. I am apart of the Zulus Motorcycle club here in Akron, Ohio. We are the Mother Chapter, meaning this is where the club started back in 1969. I saw you came across an old vest with our patch on it an posted on here awhile back. Is it possible you still have that vest? If so, I would be VERY interested in purchasing it from you. That vest is apart of our history, and it would mean a great deal to our club if we could get it and display it in our clubhouse. The fact that it is on a denim jacket leads me to believe it could have belonged to one of our original members. I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future.

Many Blessings,
    Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Just to be on the safe side you might send Frank a PM (private message) to make sure he sees your request. That post is 4 years old but Frank does still post on here. Hopefully he still has it as I don't believe he is still in Germany anymore.

Good luck!

• Salma Hayek??

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    funkyeggscramble said:
    Salma Hayek??

No.

:hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek:

That jacket is redic. Wondering if Frank is wearing this in the jungle.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    RAJ said:

we all know Frank is on the path to becoming a full on hippie. I bet the jacket reeks of patchouli by now.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Hi Darryl, I still have the jacket but it's in storage in Berlin at the moment while I'm living in Costa Rica. I might take my stuff out of storage for our next move in a year or so but to be honest, I'm not too interested in selling it. I had this for 20+ years and actually wore it quite frequently when I was younger and have a lot of fond memories attached to it.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    RAJ said:

we all know Frank is on the path to becoming a full on hippie. I bet the jacket reeks of patchouli by now.

hahaha... no man, no patchouli here, only the sweet smells of weed, rum and bbq. I'd grill me a hippie but those scrawny motherfuckers are all unwashed skin and tendons... no real value, nutritional or otherwise...

• FRANK! IM SUFFERING SALSA LIZANO WITHDRAWLS!!

who's the connect? what do i do?! how much do i have to spend?!?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    wow, no love!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yuichi said:
    wow, no love!

I know right?

Eventually even Salma won't get the role...

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Not to mention the awkwardness of a white guy sporting a leather jacket of what I presume, by the patch, to be a black motorcycle club.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Darryl Chatty Chapman Jr. said:
    Hello Frank,

Many Blessings,
    Darryl

You should probably kick his ass and take your jacket back.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is like reverse Mingering Mike.
    Frank needs to reconsider.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    JATX said:
    Not to mention the awkwardness of a white guy sporting a leather jacket of what I presume, by the patch, to be a black motorcycle club.

Hahaha... last time I remember wearing this was at a Cop Shoot Cop show some 20+ years ago and in an ensemble with denim short shorts, leather boots and an Ilsa, Shewolf of the SS T-Shirt (and this was far from being my most offending or "awkward" outfit)... Tod from Cop Shoot Cop actually asked me where the hell I had come across the vest cause he was from Akron. We got to talk and when I later moved to NYC Tod hipped me to my first paid dj gig... and besides the sentimental value, to me this is just a great piece of folk art.

Not that there would be any reason for me to defend myself...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Gary said:

I think I'm done having any discussions on here, it's simply not worth my time as there are just too many and by far more entertaining and rewarding things to do.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    ok

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Retired said:
    JATX said:
    ... in an ensemble with denim short shorts, leather boots and an Ilsa, Shewolf of the SS T-Shirt (and this was far from being my most offending or "awkward" outfit)...

Not that there would be any reason for me to defend myself...

I don't know, man, that sounds pretty awkward.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Gary said:

LOL.

Retired said:
    Tod from Cop Shoot Cop actually asked me where the hell I had come across the vest cause he was from Akron.

Side story, the guitarist from CSC tried to rob a guy outside a video store in the Highland Square neighborhood of Akron a few years back. His weapon of choice was a Stetson cologne bottle colored black with a marker, which he broke. Then bystanders kicked the sh*t out of him.

Cop Shoot Cop rocker jailed after ridiculous attempt at armed robbery

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Retired said:
    Gary said:

I think I'm done having any discussions on here, it's simply not worth my time as there are just too many and by far more entertaining and rewarding things to do.

Worried that Daryl is gonna come kick your ass and take his vest back?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's been a while since we had some:

:comedy_gold:

• kalakala 3,358 Posts

• FEAR THA AKRON ZULUS.
    Costa Rica ain't that big...

I think I've been spoiled by Facebook as I don't want to post but just want to hit the Like button on these posts.

+1 on the Indiana Jones, the vest belongs in the Zulu Museum.

• It's Frank's vest. His choice.

But I have to admit I expected him to gladly hand it over after getting 20 years out of it. Knowing it would be so greatly appreciated..like it was going home.

Maybe I'm a bit too romantic.