Rumored Breaks You Never Found (BBR)

2»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Herm's Jesus Break

The "Mickey Mouse" Break

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Mickey Mouse Break.
    Closest I found was the tv theme song with some march snare.
    Is there a Mickey Mouse boom bap break?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

I stopped looking for the LP and copped the 45. It's by Mike Curb and it is on Capitol. I think I paid around $5 for it on eBay.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

@ 12:45

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    leon said:
    Still after a library lp / Media music series that has a famous Jurassic 5 sample on it. Those lib's all have the same cover and there are tons of them.

I'm pretty sure they just sampled the hanged man ost on contour. You can get it a lot cheaper these days than what it used to go for.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    jammy said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

I stopped looking for the LP and copped the 45. It's by Mike Curb and it is on Capitol. I think I paid around $5 for it on eBay.

I used to find the LP all the time for cheap. It's the one with the cartoon of the Mickey mouse club and Annette on the cover. Yellow boarder. That and the jimmy cricket one with the number song.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    SIRUS said:

@ 12:45

Attached files

That's the 45 cover

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

There's a bunch of cartoon breaks actually. Some of those Peter Pan kids records with the comic books have breaks and samples galore. Planet of the Apes,Kojack,GI Joe,Emergency etc etc
    This is the Mickey Mouse lp for the beat diggers out there.
    Attached files

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Jesse DeVille said:
    leon said:
    Still after a library lp / Media music series that has a famous Jurassic 5 sample on it. Those lib's all have the same cover and there are tons of them.

I'm pretty sure they just sampled the hanged man ost on contour. You can get it a lot cheaper these days than what it used to go for.
    Thanks, but wasn't referring to that track. Got the Hanged Man album. The one i'm after is from the Canadian Media Music label.

I know, ttsttb.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    recently found the scooby doo break
    it's on a 45 with booklet and also has some funky beats as well as a fat open break
    also found an un-offical sesame st record that has a break on it that I have not seen anyone up on

• tech12ztech12z 56 Posts
    At a record convention, I heard a couple of people talking about a Toronto-area high school LP with funk and breaks on it.

I've gone through around 10 LP's and I've only found one with jazz-funk on it. There's a break on it, too, but it would definitely be in contention for 'Sloppiest Break of All Time'.

Gonna keep looking -- if this rumoured record actually exists, the shit I found just can't be it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    volumen said:
    jammy said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

I used to find the LP all the time for cheap. It's the one with the cartoon of the Mickey mouse club and Annette on the cover. Yellow boarder. That and the jimmy cricket one with the number song.

I've had those Mickey Mouse ones. But I only heard a march snare, no boom bap. I've had the Jimminy Cricket but didn't know people wanted. Probably wasn't in play condition.

LaserWolf said:
    volumen said:
    jammy said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

I've had those Mickey Mouse ones. But I only heard a march snare, no boom bap. I've had the Jimminy Cricket but didn't know people wanted. Probably wasn't in play condition.

Yea you have to have the mike curb one. Curb has the break and then other versions have the march snare sounds. Probably a ton of different songs called Micky mouse March over the years. jimminey is a cut chemist jazz sample or something. I forget who uses it. It's on a cut chemist live mix I have.

volumen said:
    LaserWolf said:
    volumen said:
    jammy said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Mickey Mouse Break.

Yea you have to have the mike curb one. Curb has the break and then other versions have the march snare sounds. Probably a ton of different songs called Micky mouse March over the years. jimminey is a cut chemist jazz sample or something. I forget who uses it. It's on a cut chemist live mix I have.

I have to go back and listen to the regular yellow MM lp, I thought the drums were the same. The lp on Youtube sounds like hollow shit! but yeah look for the Buena Vista Mike Curb 45, it's dime a dozen for a mass produced 1974 7"

Jesse DeVille said:
    There's a Sundae Funnies break which I can't seem to find

There's two lps on Rare Earth, I believe the break is on the first one that looks like a comics section of a newspaper on the cover. Their second lp has like a chick on a motorbike in front of a mountain. I don't even think I kept that one so it must have been lame. Grab up all the Rare Earth label records you can find, most are pretty dope I love that label! Obviously Power of Zues and the Rare Earth band records, but also The Messengers,Rustix,Road,Toe Fat,Howl the Good,Keef James,The Cats,Wolfe,Brass Monkey,Pretty Things,Lost Nation,Chrystal Mansion

avoid disappointing ones I wasted money on like God's Squad,XIT,The Matrix,Stoney and Meatloaf,Magic :(

kala said:
    recently found the scooby doo break
    it's on a 45 with booklet and also has some funky beats as well as a fat open break
    also found an un-offical sesame st record that has a break on it that I have not seen anyone up on

All the Scooby Doo 45's on Peter Pan have a drum break at the beginning and end. I used to collect cartoon records especially on that great label. I heard there's a couple breaks on the Scooby Doo Christmas 45? I never found that one just the full lp, and I don't remember hearing any breaks on it. Like I mentioned in another post look for the 70's tv show ones for sick breaks, Emergency,SWAT,Kojak,6 Million Dollar Man etc,Planet of the Apes.