Tidal

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2015 in Strut Central
Lossless audio for stereo less folks?

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    The big reveal with Alicia was strange...

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Yep, that reveal was bad. Whole bunch of creative people together and the speech was non sense.

I hope this works as streaming is horrible for artists to make a money. However at $20 when Rdio is $5 and Spotify is free. Netflix is $8...

It's too much, they could do well with the improved audio quality for $10 methinks

• it's all about artistic integrity or something. i hope this fails. all of these people are awful.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Netflix has radio?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    Yep, that reveal was bad. Whole bunch of creative people together and the speech was non sense.

I hope this works as streaming is horrible for artists to make a money. However at $20 when Rdio is $5 and Spotify is free. Netflix is $8...

It's too much, they could do well with the improved audio quality for $10 methinks

In theory, I want it to succeed because I can't stand the whole "music should be free!" belief system that streaming audio has nurtured. But I feel like:
    1) The cat's already out of the bag. You can't entice people to pay more when they're already so used to getting it for less, and
    2) They couldn't possibly have picked worse spokespeople for this thing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I bet the poorer(whomever I think keeps it "real") artists jump on board.

I'm perplexed on how u convince folks without a means to hear lossless to subscribe. Does this make kids go out and cop an upgrade hardware or cop a stereo? Or will they just opt for the lossy stream mode and still pay for the subscription?

• It's a fail. They'll have to create some exclusive content that the other streaming services don't provide. Higher quality music played on an iPhone won't cut it. Definitely not for $20 a month.
    I feel the market is already too saturated with these services.

Couldn't Jay and Beyoncé release their duet album exclusively on Tical?

• while we're on the topic, how is pono doing?

crabmongerfunk said:
    while we're on the topic, how is pono doing?

Beatsmusic?

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• I get the feeling they will all be putting exclusive content on there to pull people in over time.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sorry... BUT... not seeing anything that makes this worth a damn.

[strong]CD Quality Audio!???[/strong] Is this what we are striving for nowadays? Some 80s technology. Most people don't care about 192 vs lossless. I grew up in the hissy cassette era. So... plenty happy with 192 / 320 bit rate for the convenience.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i am left wondering why someone didn't gas or bomb that building when all of those kunts were all in the same place at the same time,damm shame!

While we are merking shit.....do the senate and congress too, but only when bernie sanders and elizabeth warren ain't working k?