Comments

• No one rides for hard boiled eggs?
    I likes eggs cooked any way.
    Least favorite is scrambled.
    Most favored is sunny side up.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    shawnald_reagan said:
    No one rides for hard boiled eggs?

Over-dry yolk is one of my least favorite things. My daughters' both hate it too, so it must be a genetic preference!

But I ride for leaving the yolk mad soft and using an egg cup.

(^those birds are actually screaming bloody murder!)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,084 Posts
    I eat them everyday for breakfast with sardines or sausage; four over easy-medium in the morning. Even better is cooked over a thin film of bacon grease. Toast sopping is a guilty pleasure, but I could take or leave the yolk. When eating hardboileds, I tend to toss the yellow ball for the birds. I hear that part isn't good for you or some shit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Eggs for breakfast most of last week.
    I no longer flip my eggs to create over easy.
    I crack the eggs into a bowl, so I can slide them both into the pan at the same time.
    Hot pan, brown the butter.
    Sprinkle with Parmesan.
    As soon as the edges start to brown put a tiny bit of water in the pan and cover.
    Perfect.
    Earlier I had smoked some potatoes then smashed them with roasted garlic. Browned those up with the eggs.

Monday I smoked a couple pork shoulders. Cuban style, citrus, garlic, cumin, oregano.
    Tuesday morning omelet with Gruyere cheese.
    Watching old episodes of Julia Child inspired me to go out and by a non-stick omelet pan.

Hard boiled eggs are good when the yolk is not over cooked. You can find perfect hard boiled recipes on line.

Last year I got into poaching eggs for the first time. Youtube has a ton videos with swirling water method. A poached egg is good on top of most any dish. I was topping lots of salads.

Make deviled eggs for next potluck or final four party and watch people go nuts.

Eggs are good.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    CBear said:
    more mexican eggs.

that's definitely one thing i miss about living in san diego-- not just mexican food in general (i don't want to ignite a burrito war, but so cal objectively kills northern cal all day in this department, and i grew up in the north) but specifically mexican breakfast. There's only two places in this town that do machaca con huevos and they're kinda hit and miss. Machaca is everywhere in SD. Couple of flour tortillas grilled on a flat top on the side-- delicious and addictive.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Similar thread from 10 years a go

http://www.soulstrut.com/forums/viewthread/11525/

:latte:

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Over medium, or benny style.