Fav NES games....NRR

13»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

This game was the shit! It was super fun and actually kind of challenging. Plus, as I found out later in life, it's fantastic stoner entertainment.

I also burned many hours on this joint:

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Virtua tennis S>2/S>!

i thought they changed up the game play in 2k2 too much, but maybe that's just because i was so accustomed to the first. but yeah, i'd say any sports video game that has me playing and loving a sport that i normally would hate (ie. tennis) is pretty much incredible.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Megaman! hell yea. but was this ever on the NES system?

• i thought they changed up the game play in 2k2 too much, but maybe that's just because i was so accustomed to the first. but yeah, i'd say any sports video game that has me playing and loving a sport that i normally would hate (ie. tennis) is pretty much incredible.
    oh so youre a fan of the early years

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

hahahhaa.. the fights in this game were so hilarious.

I reign supreme @ Blades.

Mega Man I through, I believe, V were on the NES. I still maintain that Mega Man 2 was the best of the bunch, though the others were quite fun as well.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Mega Man I through, I believe, V were on the NES. I still maintain that Mega Man 2 was the best of the bunch, though the others were quite fun as well.

oh ok. thanks for clarification.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

My favorite part of this game was the intro voiceover 'cause the announcer had a dramatic pause AND a lisp:

Blade-th...of Thteel!

I take it you mastered the two shit-shots of the game? I figured out the "take the puck to the bottom of the screen until you're almost directly beneath the goalie, then keep shooting until the goalie eventually fucks up and lets in a goal" one by myself, but my stepbrother unveiled the "press pass instead of shoot on the breakaway" tactic on me to controller-throwing frustration.

Also, it sucked getting into fights against somebody using that joystick with the turbo button when all you had was a regular controller.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    You guys know you can get the emulators plus all the roms for free online right? No need to mod the xbox or whatever.

I had an NES emulator for awhile, but I have to download another one. It was the first time I was able to play Yo Noid[/b], the game they made for Dominoes Pizza. That's what was cool too, the games based on well known products.

But... they have some emulators here, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.classicgaming.com/vault/

And for ROMS:

http://www.nesfiles.com/

This was one of my favorite games:

And this:

Oh shit, look at all the other Mappy-related games:

http://www.fourhman.com/mappy

• Megaman! hell yea. but was this ever on the NES system?

megaman 1-6 were on the nes.

• It's official. This thread did it. Nostalgia overload. I'm buying a NES next time I come across a used one for cheap.

Every NES I've played past the mid-90s has been totally fucked up. It's like those things were programmed to self-destruct or something. I bought and returned several of them during my nostaliga flashback. Fucnoland employees hated my ass.

yeah..you gotta buy you a new cartridge connector piece(I got mine off of ebay for about 5 bucks a few years back). Install that bad boy and no more red blinking light!

• up up down down left right left right b a select start

ill never forget

• good thread...

I used to be a "big dude" in the NES collecting word (believe it or not there is a "game-strut"). At one point I owned nearly 600 NES games complete with thier box and manual. A few years ago I sold a collection of sealed NES games to Dave Loveland of dl-collectables fame...part of which was included in the definitive sealed NES collection that he sold to a Japanse gaming museum...so part of my former collection is sitting in a museum right now [/lame claim to fame]

Since then I've gone through 4 more collections and have sold some really rare items . Over the years I've had the opportunity to play or own every US NES game released except for Stadium Events and the three Panesian adult games.

Here are a few lesser known favorites of mine...

• chiller is pretty

• chasechase 767 Posts
    http://www.sealiecomputing.com/retrozone/nintendo.html

These guys make aa old nes controller that has a usb plug so you can play roms on your comp with the OG controller...

oh and Bionic Commando was the illest shit ever..

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

My favorite part of this game was the intro voiceover 'cause the announcer had a dramatic pause AND a lisp:

Blade-th...of Thteel!

ahhahahhah. so great

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    up up down down left right left right b a select start

ill never forget

hell yes

why does everyone know that fuckin code?

30 lives baby

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    10 year bump. How did I miss this thread?

Memories:

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    RAJ said:
    10 year bump. How did I miss this thread?

http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/Metroid/MetroidCompleateMap.png

I've been playing the Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (i.e. what was originally going to be Super Mario Bros. 2 before Nintendo decided it was too difficult for American audiences and repurposed a game called Doki Doki Panic and turned that into Super Mario Bros. 2) ROM on the Wii...holy fuck, is that game hard.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    The TMNT arcade game was awesome considering I didn't have easy access to an arcade.

also, growing up in Brazil we didn't have easy access to NES (took them a while to start selling their systems down here) so I had the Brazilian clone called the Phantom System:

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    high_c said:
    It's official. This thread did it. Nostalgia overload. I'm buying a NES next time I come across a used one for cheap.

Aesthetically, Legends of Kage is maybe my favorite, too. I never got higher playing, just from a distance-of-jumps perspective.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Don't bother blowing in the cartridges!

No, but really, her technique works. Wish i had learned it earlier!
    I think it's actually pretty difficult to find a NES/game that DOESN'T work.
    I still have 2 NES hooked up in my place :necessary:

Great thread, I have to go back and look through it all!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    G-Writah said:
    up up down down left right left right b a select start

ill never forget

hell yes

why does everyone know that fuckin code?

30 lives baby

[ Edited: 24 March 2015 11:03 AM by RAJ ]

I am impressed I am getting 10 year old posts edited.

I like some of the games that supposedly were bad. Like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Liked running around the town part.