Guilty Pleasures

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited March 2015 in Strut Central
Post a song you don't want anyone on soulstrut know that you enjoy.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I've been into mid-to-late 80s David Foster ballads with the crystalline piano.

The Secret of My Success Soundtrack, anyone?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    O.T. Genasis - CoCo

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I like that Steve Winwood.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Made lunch for the kids whilst grooving along to the Guilty Pleasures (uk version) cd.
    Big wins for Afternoon Delight, England Dan and John Ford Coley, Never Let Her Slip Away and Pilot's ' January'.
    None guilty tho', they all top notch.
    Real guilt: Englebert with Quandox3

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    alieNDN said:

Whole album was off of the hook

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Some Ellie Goulding.

alieNDN said:

No need to be ashamed of rocking the 80s Winwood.

This was my JAM back when I was a kid...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

These were/are my joints!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    ^^^ TROLL POAST

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    ^^^ TROLL POAST

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    ketan said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    ^^^ TROLL POAST

Wait...is that a hint of ashiness on her left elbow?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I guess if I had a guilty pleasure it would have to be kpop. Although I don't actually own any so you wont find me blasting it out anywhere. But I do enjoy the odd youtube video & it is pretty cheesy.

• leonleon 883 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

Seriously its embarassing how often i've listened to this track in the last two weeks.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Ive made an extensive kids playlist for the wee'uns to listen to in the car - they request new favorites and I add them, obliviously. It gets played a lot on long drives.

In the process I've grown overly fond of and have verbatim sing along routines for songs that are... just... so... wrong...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I've been into [strong]mid-to-late 80s[/strong] David Foster ballads with the [strong]crystalline piano[/strong].

This sound almost brings out a physical reaction in me... prolonged exposure would surely lead to involuntary retching, cold sweats, cramps. Maybe I have some deep-seated emotional scarring from my childhood that was set to crystalline piano :lol:

From the same era though, this edit has just ruined a perfectly decent piece of '80s power-sax:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    For all the commissioned cheddar, Foster can still point to stuff like "Through The Fire" and all is forgiven.

HAVE YOU EVEN HELD ALOFT A CHEAP LIGHTER?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts

^ if it doesn't embed and shits the bed I posted - Counting Crows-A Long December, I worked in a restaurant back when that track came out and they played it out on the local stations, after what seemed like the millionth listen I knew the words and actually started to like the song...

even though after all this time I have no clue if it has any meaning... but, maybe this year will be better than the last? - seems pretty doubtful given the amount of snow on the ground and the fact that I am still sick from December which really makes it the LONGEST December ever..

Been also listening to the mid 90s pop techno.... and YES I turn this down when I'm stopped with my window down.