Have you been more sick than normal?

2»

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Guys:

Take a bath. Then wrap a hot towel around your head. And then make yourself some soup, get a nap.

This is advice for men?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    volumen said:
    white_tea said:
    Guys:

Take a bath. Then wrap a hot towel around your head. And then make yourself some soup, get a nap.

This is advice for men?

No. Here's the advice for men:

MAN THE [/i]FUCK[/i] UP

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Guys:

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    parallax said:
    There is science to back up the use of zinc supplements to strengthen the immune system and/or reduce the length and severity of a cold.

As someone who tends to catch a cold several times every year, and as someone who is cynical of this type of shit, I tried it, and it really does work. I strongly recommend getting quality sleep, take zinc before hitting the sheets, and ensure you get enough water/fluids daily.

Lastly, avoid rubbing your eyes and nose. Just don't even touch your face if you can help it, especially when out in public places. Wash hands before and after meals, and obvs after going to the washroom, and when you get home from a public place.

This is the truth.

I HATE getting sick and do everything I can to avoid it. Two years ago I had the illness everyone seems to have this year. I was sick for 2.5 months. It started with flu and then morphed into bronchitis and pneumonia.

My doc told me which strain of flu I had, and said I shouldn't get the flu vaccine the next year if it had the same strain of flu in the vaccine. She said it would make me have symptoms because my body would recognize that specific strain and react to it, even though I wasn't sick. That's why people claim to get sick from the vaccine. It's all about checking what strain you have and seeing if the same strain is in the vaccine the following year. Once that strain disappears from the cocktail of 4 that make up the flu vaccine I will take it again.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Get on that Apple Cider Vinegar.