I"m Thermos. I didn't beat any of you losers. Whaddup.

ThermosThermos 307 Posts
edited March 2015 in Strut Central
Hi Soulstrut,

This is technically a re-introduction, but I'd be surprised if anyone here remembers me. I started lurking on this site back in 2002 or something crazy like that when I read about it in URB magazine. I posted a little over the years, but stopped checking in around 2008. I'm back because I'm sick of looking at Facebook when I need to take a study break, and because most of the blogs I used to go to for music recommendations are dead and gone.

I'm a 30 year old producer/educator/DJ who lives in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm no raer top shelf collector, but I own around 1,200 pieces of vinyl and I enjoy digging when I have a chance. I produce hip-hop and electronic music under the name DJ Thermos, and I'm much obliged if anyone here wants to check out my tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/djthermos. Also, I'm a Production Assistant at a small recording studio called Tuff Sound in Wilkinsburg, PA. When I'm not doing any of the aformentioned things, I work as an Artist-Instructor for hip-hop education and music recording programs throughout the city.

Glad to be back!

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Welcome back!

What's on heavy rotation at the mo?

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    My current obsessions are the first two albums by The Books, a two LP set of Mildred Bailey's "greatest performances", Grace Jones - Living My Life, William Onyeabor, and Africa Hitech. I'm also still stuck on J Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive. Easily one of the most soulful hip-hop albums that I've heard in a long time.

What are you listening to?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I've been rinsing some recent 45s I found:

Julio Gutierrez - Last Tango In Paris

Soseme Makonde - Manzara

Los Pekenikes - Tabasco

Gal Costa - Pontos De Luz

HE3 Project - Rapture of the Deep

All great but been playing the shit out of The Four Mints - Row My Boat

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Greetings.