Song I'm Feeling at the Moment (2015)

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
Hey,

I just had to post this since I love this song and LP (Air S/T):

I just happened upon it on youtube and thought I'd share it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• great record, gonna pull it out when i get home. best thing herbie mann has ever been associated with.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    great record, gonna pull it out when i get home. best thing herbie mann has ever been associated with.

So true on both counts, Crabmongerfunk!!! Enjoy!!! I have to confess, though, that I looped something off of his "Turtle Bay" LP about 25 years ago.

This, I looped the 3rd and 4th measures (sped up quite a bit), with a chopped version of "God Make Me Funky." Wow, that was a long time ago!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• this one has been killing it for me lately, think this one might work for you stacks...

Montage (feat. Hagood Hardy) - "How I Think of You"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/25878145-e28

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here's old-school, hip-hop joint:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

crabmongerfunk said:
    this one has been killing it for me lately, think this one might work for you stacks...

Montage (feat. Hagood Hardy) - "How I Think of You"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/25878145-e28

I love that pretty, melodic stuff, mane. Thanks for sharing!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

billbradley said:

Simply sublime, thanks for sharing Bill!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I love that record. You can pick it up relatively cheap too.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    Heard it on the Plastic People Is No Longer mix and have listened to it several times (and copped) since :

I love that Al Tariq album, Stacks!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    ketan said:
    Heard it on the Plastic People Is No Longer mix and have listened to it several times (and copped) since :

YES!! I picked this up back in the summer. So good!

And Stacks, I swear to god, I was just playing Air a couple days ago in the living room!

Anyway, this previously unreleased Marvin Gaye - Mizzell Bros. collab is slaying me right now: https://m.soundcloud.com/souljazzfunk/where-are-we-going-unreleased

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I've been having fun in the library lately.

parallax said:
    ketan said:

YES!! I picked this up back in the summer. So good!

And Stacks, I swear to god, I was just playing Air a couple days ago in the living room!

Anyway, this previously unreleased Marvin Gaye - Mizzell Bros. collab is slaying me right now: https://m.soundcloud.com/souljazzfunk/where-are-we-going-unreleased

Hey Parallax,

I thank you for posting that great Marvin Gaye track. About the Air coincidence, it only makes sense as you mentioned years ago that our musical tastes overlap. ;-)

Great thread Stacks!

For me, I would say that I most closely align with (in this order):

Day (by far)
    Musica
    pcmr
    Big Stacks

My choices are made strictly on what I've read on here. I've never met or traded/bought/sold records with any of these dudes. I find Day's recordings, mixes, and the music he's geeked about is right on my wavelength--moreso than anyone else.

Kindly,
    parallax

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

ketan said:

Great song, Ketan, thanks for sharing! I can never get enough of Donny Hathaway, his voice and music are so timeless. And yes, that Al Tariq album was crazy slept-on.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

I just had to post this since I love this song and LP (Air S/T):

I just happened upon it on youtube and thought I'd share it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

That record has been on my list for quite some time now. Anybody have a copy for sale?

• MowgliMowgli 19 Posts
    been really feeling this album lately - great line up. not my favorite off the album but still a great song:

also, been stuck on this song for a couple months now - very relevant in 2015:

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I found this record today, the A side is song in french, the B side is English- I can't think of another lp that does that. I haven't given it a solid listen yet but it's got the same vibe as Air. ( A long time fav)

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    These great italo jams. Recently re-issued.

• a choice like this is like 2002-strut all over again but I am unashamedly really liking this strange japanese 45

Hey,

Here's one I just heard (sort of ironic considering the GOMLW thread):

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

Here's another one:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Azeri jazz

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hip hop template: france circa 1970

• "Shena's party, there's a case in point: that right-wing hooey sure stunk up the joint!"