Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

i'm reserving judgement until i see i high top. i'm not overly enthused about these. big step back from the 9s if you ask me (as i copped)

Tried these on the other day. Super comfortable....and they are a solid solid look on the feet. I'm only 5'8" so i don't fuck with the boots look, would rather go with the lows. I'm digging the whole minimalist design and color schemes so far.

Opinions on the Adidas Yeezys?

I thought they were garbage at first, but they are starting to grow on me. Def like the sole (boost) part the best. $350 + tax though.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Opinions on the Adidas Yeezys?

I thought they were garbage at first, but they are starting to grow on me. Def like the sole (boost) part the best. $350 + tax though.

They look a bit like UGGs intended for "progressive" hiphop dudes. I don't say that with luv, or hatt.

I'm not surprised Kanye came up with it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Looks like an Ugg
    No adidas stripes
    White sole
    Gringdonkleous price
    I can see the only person wanting to wear these is Ye, on a red carpet. Once.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

i'm reserving judgement until i see i high top. i'm not overly enthused about these. big step back from the 9s if you ask me (as i copped)

Tried these on the other day. Super comfortable....and they are a solid solid look on the feet. I'm only 5'8" so i don't fuck with the boots look, would rather go with the lows. I'm digging the whole minimalist design and color schemes so far.

Youve owned Kobe before right? Are these just as comfy? And even lighter?
    This might be my first go round, just to say i owned a pair.
    His tech is usually ahead of the curve.

• batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

i can vouch very positively for the hightop 9s. they're a high boot frame for unreal support and still one of the lightest pairs of shoes i've ever owned. if i could offer some critique it's that the soles aren't as good as they could be for actual court surface..... gum soles are pretty much unfuckwittable for that though.

Yup. Got a couple pairs of IVs and Vs mostly. Just as comfy and just as light.

I think the VIII's are the lightest to date. But damn, I was almost about to cop on the spot with those blue joints....That's how "solid" the feel was. Sturdy construction and still light.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who's copping the De La "Flower Power" Nike SB's?

• looking for some chilling non-nike/adidas/vans casual sneaks that look cool but don't cost an arm and a leg (under $100). clae seems cool but $

any brands to recommend?

• shoe game marvelous tonight at ball.

(grown men with high budgets and low fitness levels-r)

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Kanye said they were meant to be UGGs for the street in a recent interview, I keed you not. I'm not into them, but maybe a few generations down the road. (i hate UGGz tho)

I might try to cop those De La's! I have boycotted Nike since Grade 7 (on some middle school sweatshop activism shit), so this would be a big move for me now being in my late 30s.

I would buy some lows too, if they came out.

Not feeling this other colour - looks like a ninja turtle situation.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

sticky_dojah said:

*like*

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Kopped:

Copped

• batmon said:

Copped

i was eyeballing this collection last night. great pick up.

Design-wise, Kyrie's are aiite.

Hyperchase is dope. Need these.

Lebron line is a bulky monstrosity now. Kobe line is a bit stale now.

I like the Asics x Ronnie Feig colorways. But what's up with reseller prices?

Also, see myself trying to pick up older Kobe and Lebron models...that are now going for twice or three times
    retail, were a general release back then too, or limited but were an easy cop.

batmon said:

Copped

Ended up getting this shit as well. Was on the fence with the teal. This colorway really pops in person.
    I'm a sucker for purple as well...Not bad for $120 though.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Let's see if this works
    Attached files

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just ordered these from the UK:

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

These De La Nike Dunk Lows drop today. Cop or nah?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Vans Blue Note

Copped

Zoom Hypercross TR

rain103 said:

Don't do it

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    parallax said:
    rain103 said:

Don't do it

Unless they're for someone under the age of five.

All these shoes with graphics are kinda terrible. Do I want Coltrane's face on my ankle? Nope.

sticky_dojah said:

Yes.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    just keep wearing NIKE and stick you head in the sand you lame fucking ostrich herd you: JUST SCREW IT

They're one of the world's top sports clothing brands, but for years Nike have been dogged by allegations of sweatshops and child labour.
    Now workers making Nike's Converse shoes at a factory in Indonesia say they are being physically and mentally abused.
    Workers at the Sukabumi plant, about 60 miles from Jakarta, say supervisors frequently throw shoes at them, slap them in the face, kick them and call them dogs and pigs.
    Nike admits that such abuse has occurred among the contractors that make its hip high-tops but says there was little it could do to stop it.
    Dozens of interviews by The Associated Press, and a document released by Nike, show the company has a long way to go to meet the standards it set for itself a decade ago to end its reliance on sweatshop labour.
    One worker at the Taiwanese-operated Pou Chen plant in Sukabumi said she was kicked by a supervisor last year after making a mistake while cutting rubber for soles.
    'We're powerless,' said the woman, who like several others interviewed spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisals.
    'Our only choice is to stay and suffer, or speak out and be fired.'
    The 10,000 mostly female workers at the Taiwanese-operated Pou Chen plant make around 50 cents an hour.
    That's enough, for food and bunkhouse-type lodging, but little else.
    Some workers interviewed by the AP in March and April described being hit or scratched in the arm – one man until he bled.
    Others said they were fired after filing complaints.
    'They throw shoes and other things at us,' said a 23-year-old woman in the embroidery division.
    'They growl and slap us when they get angry.
    It's part of our daily bread.'
    Mira Agustina, 30, said she was fired in 2009 for taking sick leave, even though she produced a doctor's note.
    'It was a horrible job,' she said. 'Our bosses pointed their feet at us, calling us names like dog, pig or monkey.'
    All are major insults to Muslims. Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim nation.
    At the PT Amara Footwear factory located just outside Jakarta, where another Taiwanese contractor makes Converse shoes, a supervisor ordered six female workers to stand in the blazing sun after they failed to meet their target of completing 60 dozen pairs of shoes on time.
    'They were crying and allowed to continue their job only after two hours under the sun," said Ujang Suhendi, 47, a worker at a warehouse in the factory.
    The women's supervisor received a warning letter for the May incident after complaints from unionized workers.
    Nike's own inquiries found workers at the two factories were subjected to 'serious and egregious' physical and verbal abuse, including the punishment of forcing workers to stand in the sun, said Hannah Jones, a Nike executive who oversees the company's efforts to improve working conditions.
    She said: 'We do see other issues of that similar nature coming up across the supply chain but not on a frequent level.
    'We see issues of working conditions on a less egregious nature across the board.'
    Nike, which came under heavy criticism a decade ago for its use of sweatshops and child labour, has taken steps since then to improve conditions at its 1,000 overseas factories.
    But the progress it has made at factories producing gear with its premier 'swoosh' logo is not reflected in those making Converse products, which Nike took over four years ago.
    An internal report Nike released to the AP shows that nearly two-thirds of 168 factories making Converse products worldwide fail to meet Nike's own standards for contract manufacturers.
    Twelve are in the most serious category, indicating problems that could range from illegally long work hours to denying access to Nike inspectors.
    Another 97 are in a category defined as making no progress in improving problems ranging from isolated verbal harassment to paying less than minimum wage.
    A further six factories had not been audited by Nike.
    Nike blames problems on pre-existing licenses to produce Converse goods that it says prevent the parent company from inspecting factories or introducing its own code of conduct.
    It says the situation is further complicated because the license holders themselves usually farm out the production work to a subcontractor.
    Some corporate experts question whether Nike is doing all it can.
    Prakash Sethi, a corporate strategy professor at Baruch College at the City University of New York, said: 'I simply find it impossible that a company of the size and market power of Nike is impotent in persuading a local factory in Indonesia or anywhere else in meeting its code of conduct.
    Critics of outsourcing manufacturing to the lowest-cost countries say it keeps prices down but allows apparel, electronics and toy companies to reduce their accountability for the conditions in such factories.
    Even as concern about sweatshop labuor has grown, some contractors have simply moved operations to more remote areas, farther from the prying eyes of international and local watchdogs.
    Indonesia is Nike's third-largest manufacturing base, after China and Vietnam, with 140,000 workers at 14 contract factories.
    Of those, 17,000 produce its Converse line at four factories.
    After years of criticism over its labor practices at factories abroad, Nike in 2005 became the first major apparel company to disclose the names and locations of hundreds of plants that produce its sneakers, clothes and other products.
    It admitted finding 'abusive treatment,' either physical or verbal, in many of the Nike plants.
    The complaints ranged from workweeks that exceeded 60 hours to being forbidden to go to the bathroom.
    The Beaverton, Oregon-based company has since invested heavily in training managers and more closely monitoring their activities.
    Nike has not published the locations of all factories making products for affiliate companies, which includes Converse, but plans to by the end of the year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014325/Nike-workers-kicked-slapped-verbally-abused-factories-making-Converse-line-Indonesia.html#ixzz3bGE18AD2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I got rid of all my Nike sneakers about 15 years ago and then broke the fast a few years ago with three pairs within two years.
    Save for vegan, made in Canada/USA footwear (and even then), I am not sure what company out there is not linked to abusive labour practices, deplorable environmental impacts and general hypercapitalist fuckery.

and then there's this...
    Apparently they do this every year but the timing and the layers upon layers of sick irony is too much to stomach.
    After this - I am back to just not feeling that good about donning the brand. And fuck the Chucks, too. They kill my shins anyhow.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    babylon shitstem sneaker for all the cool heads

• :shocked::feelin_it:

I believe those are PEs.

I need me these and some Adidas Gazelle OGs in Navy.