Some New Beats

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
Hey Stutters,

With all the Big East snow, I was locked up in the lab making beats for my upcoming project. Here are three new ones:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13036829

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13036796

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13036776

I hope you enjoy 'em.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Enjoyed them! Especially The Architect.

And here is my latest quick mix of beats...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Harvey,

Thanks for the kind words, man. I liked your mix, a very nice variety of styles displayed, quite versatile. Keep 'em coming!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Harvey,

Thanks for the kind words, man. I liked your mix, a very nice variety of styles displayed, quite versatile. Keep 'em coming!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I really like that you seem to be honed in on a singular style. That's the direction I'll eventually go in once I get all of this random experimenting out of my system.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Harvey,

I didn't realize that I had a style, other than maybe East Coast, boom-bap. How would you characterize my style? I sample a lot different types of music, and play keys on stuff occasionally as well. I have asked my wife about it because I'm curious as to what 'my sound' is.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Definitely East Coast boom bap. Buckwild would be the natural comparison to me.

• Good stuff, Big Stacks! I like the sample on 'Nice wit words' and love the drums on 'Saga' starting the track with the hi hats reminded me of some Infamous Mobb joints.

Not to thread jack but here are some recent stuff I've put together:

Take care!
    J

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    real nice stuff!

one from a forthcoming from myself

rain103 said:
    Good stuff, Big Stacks! I like the sample on 'Nice wit words' and love the drums on 'Saga' starting the track with the hi hats reminded me of some Infamous Mobb joints.

Not to thread jack but here are some recent stuff I've put together:

Take care!
    J

Hey Rain103,

Nice stuff, my man, and I especially liked "Something Special" and "If I Could Feel.". I started rhyming over "Something Special.". Keep bangin' em' out, man!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

mickalphabet said:
    real nice stuff!

one from a forthcoming from myself

Cool track, Mick, it's unique and different. Great sampling ear!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    ah cheers stacks, the architect is the one for me out of your batch there. kicked back to it again this morning with a coffee

mickalphabet said:
    ah cheers stacks, the architect is the one for me out of your batch there. kicked back to it again this morning with a coffee

Thanks, Mickalphabet!!! I appreciate the compliment.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak