RIP Don Covay

parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
edited February 2015 in Strut Central
Passed away 2 days ago.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Parallax,

That is terrible news, as Mr. Covay was a talented singer and songwriter. I ride for these tunes of his especially:

Mr. Covay left a wonderful and timeless musical legacy. He will live on. RIP.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP.
    Great songwriter.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    RIP Don.

I spent a long time looking for 'If there's a will...' after Large Professor sampled it for Akinyele.

• Passed away two days ago? You'd think the news would have spread quicker than this.

• I just checked online, and the only reference I saw to his death was on his Wikipedia page. Covay isn't THAT obscure; you'd think the news outlets would have been all over this by now. Still waiting to see if this is a hoax, since "they" tried to kill off Horace Silver and Etta James before their time, as well.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    I just checked online, and the only reference I saw to his death was on his Wikipedia page. Covay isn't THAT obscure; you'd think the news outlets would have been all over this by now. Still waiting to see if this is a hoax, since "they" tried to kill off Horace Silver and Etta James before their time, as well.

I hear you Pickwick. Here's a credible source:

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/_/news-soul/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    RIP to the super dude:

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    RIP Mr Covay

Mick Jagger really ripped off his whole vocal style.