Hai Guyz!!!!!

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited November 2014 in Strut Central
we messed around and made a new record. I put 3 songs on youtube to try and peak some interest. Please feel free to share it if you like it. At this point i just want as many people to hear it as possible...

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Great use of the 9th chord

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Wow...thank you sincerely for sharing. The drumz on 'Joggin' are fantastic. Love the :55 mark.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Thanks for sharing Tom. This is great! Are you playing a majority of the instruments on here? Plans for a vinyl release? Soulstrut ❤

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sounds good.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Thanks for sharing Tom. This is great! Are you playing a majority of the instruments on here? Plans for a vinyl release? Soulstrut ❤
    Thanks yall!!

i did not play much guitar on the album, but most of the keys and random instruments are me. i produced and wrote everything with my extremely talented friend, Zack Martin. We do want to put out vinyl, but i want to approach that very carefully. As a new brand i think we should have a lot more presence, before pressing up an album. If anyone has any ideas for how i can get this project in the hands of someone who will place it in media, i would definitely follow up with a vinyl pressing.

• This is dope. Hope the vinyl does happen. I always wished there was vinyl for American Style Cardboard, but I appreciate the risk and financial commitment such a move necessitates

Pete Sasqwax said:
    This is dope. Hope the vinyl does happen. I always wished there was vinyl for American Style Cardboard, but I appreciate the risk and financial commitment such a move necessitates

Good point. With spheres being flooded, people are forced to take drastic measures just to get heard. I've seen Delays studio and how much effort he put into this. By no means is this disposable. I hope we can make a physical product a reality... Limited edition cassette tape maybe?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• Delay said:

Excellent. The end cracked me up.

• RAJ said:
    With spheres being flooded, people are forced to take drastic measures just to get heard. I've seen Delays studio and how much effort he put into this. By no means is this disposable. I hope we can make a physical product a reality... Limited edition cassette tape maybe?

Works for me. I've bought more tapes in the past 18 months than I did in the whole time period between the late 80s and 18 months ago. Often they're a kind of physical download code, but owning a physical product is still an important thing to me. I'm sure I'm not in the minority of Strutters on that front

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    You sons of bitches! I cannot stop laughing. How did you not post this on SS immediately?

Goddammit...I can't breathe.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Sounds great T*m! Plaese to report back when this is available for purchase.

• really love "All Ears," definitely my favorite of the three! looking forward to hearing more from this project.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    JectWon said:
    You sons of bitches! I cannot stop laughing. How did you not post this on SS immediately?

Goddammit...I can't breathe.
    Oh man. I forgot that was up on YouTube...

We had a lot of fun working on this record. We probably recorded around 25 songs. The lp is the tightest 13.

• Liking it! Jogging is great dig the fuzz and drums. Congrats, keep us posted.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Delay, congrats on life.
    I recall, a while back your love life, then your professional life, took turns for the worse.
    You decided to get yourself together and get serious about life, love, djing, and music and the results speak for themselves.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    thanks Dan. its been a crazy few years. time flies like a mug!

thought i would circle back and share another track from the album. This one was a much bigger production I wrote with Nico Aglietti from the magnetic zeros, featuring Pia Ercole on background vocals, Mike Notar on trumpet, Jebson Interlandi on bass, and Mitchell Yoshida on synth

kala

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the album is out. we have a new 45 in the works too. mazzle
    kala

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Good stuff T*m! So good to see you're doing your thing!

Congrats.... psyched for the 45.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    These are great [strike]but I'm confused - which release are they leftovers from? Has there been a Delay release since Morgan that I missed?[/strike]

Cool. I'm a scoper. Please to ignore.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Really digging the album Tom. Glad things worked out with Pia on the vocal tip!

• Just finished up our new album, "Orary" and decided to share a track. The new stuff is all over the place style-wise. I put a lot more of my time into engineering this one, and less time trying to sing. Hope you like it! trying to amass enough material to make a best of vinyl release at some point.
    RAJkalaFlomotioncai

• CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
    sounds good to me.the recording/engineering is superb.