New Soul Strut Web Site - October 2014

Comments

• This sounds like a great new direction, Raj. Change is good, and I look forward to seeing what you do.

Dan

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm paranoid about all the old threads on a CD - back em up somewhere plaese! Shit is gold.

Excited for things to come Raj - I still check regularly, and have met some cool people here. More importantly, this site's put me on to countless incredible recordings, enabling me to sound way more knowledgeable than I have any right to.

And I'm game for a kickstarter or what have you too, if it will keep the flame alive. Long live the strut!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    RAJ said:

Responsive mobile friendly design.

Community (forums).

Whattup Brotha,

Just a reminder: Keep it stupid simple.

Much love,

- spidey

• Glad to hear it--thanks!

• Keep the fire.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Keep the fire.

It's funky... and I love it. IT'S AWESOME!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Keep up the good work Sir. This site and its population been a musical blessing.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Oh and I have paid Faux Rillz and Noz to make a comeback.

Is this how the dream of a Bernard Purdie-focused Myspace dies?

Just make sure he wears the shirt.

Also please make sure to save the forum posts. What a great time capsule of... stuff.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    When's the jump off?

Looking forward to new shit.

DOR said:
    When's the jump off?

Looking forward to new shit.

weekend of the 25th, bros.

:doyouevenoarty:

• I know I'm just a new dude and a nobody here but I have learnt a whole damn lot from this site and it's one of my most heavily visited forums. It seems pretty unique in that its full of knowledgeable posters, contains actually interesting content (the ThesOne thread on Vinyl was eye opening) and free of assholes.

I'm not in a position to donate currently but perhaps I could offer some of my time instead in my professional IT capacity as a Systems Architect? Let me know if you need my bona fides and what I can help/advise with (free of course, in lieu of a donation for now).

• Pointless (yes, pointless) political talk should either be disallowed or in a separate forum?
    Won't happen, but would be nice.
    The music talk around here has been nothing short of enlightening,
    but some ugliness when it comes to politics,
    and that's from both sides.

Yeah I know, if you don't like political threads don't open them,
    but still.

Anyway,
    I'm a fan.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I'm a fan.

• so fancy!

• pinopino 18 Posts
    lookin' good!

• so fresh and so clean

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Congrats with the new site!! Looks smashing on my iPhone. Great job and thank you for keeping The Strut alive! Peace Leon

• feeling the instagram integration!

• fresh!

• great work RAJ!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this is fucking amazing
    so crisp even more functional..your first re working was great but this is like a new car witha sick paintjob
    the about section says it all thanks for taking the time
    the heritage is insane and deserves to be preserved
    this dj day event we set up was a testament to the strength of SS' legacy
    long live the strut!!!

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Congratulations on the new design RAJ, looks very refreshing! Many Thanks for keeping the site alive, imo its still theeee place to go on the interwebs! pz

• Looks great. Feeling it. Only thing I've noticed so far is the missing forum map at the bottom of a thread. This thing:

Forum Home -> general -> strut central

I use that strut central link a lot on my phone. At the end of a thread it's nice to be able to just hit that and go back to the main page instead of opening a bookmark, scrolling to the top of the thread, or scrolling back pages.

But that's minor. It looks great and I am happy Im just happy we still have the Strut.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Looks great. Feeling it. Only thing I've noticed so far is the missing forum map at the bottom of a thread. This thing:

Forum Home -> general -> strut central

I use that strut central link a lot on my phone. At the end of a thread it's nice to be able to just hit that and go back to the main page instead of opening a bookmark, scrolling to the top of the thread, or scrolling back pages.

But that's minor. It looks great and I am happy Im just happy we still have the Strut.

Also, if you can skip to a page (1, 2, 3 etc.) on top of the page, instead of having to scroll all the way down to do that (loading time on phone related) would make this site even more A+++ :-)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Love the look. Five stars.

Updated my instagram info.

Saved it, it reset to "0".

Wow, it can predict my followers?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    amazing RAJ

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Love the new look! Can't get enough of the slideshow of opening pictures. Great job Raj and even happier that you decided to keep the Strut running.

• THAT'S WORD TO JAMARCUS RUSSEL

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Feeling it. Thanks for your hard work keeping it going all this time.