Rap You're Liking

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Danny Glover was obviously nice (would Drake lie? j/k) Florida Water sounds like it flips a couple of Shuggie Otis parts!

I can't help but like the new G Unit stuff

isaiah rashad, schoolboy q and ab soul are all coming through toronto in the next month. anyone going out?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wow, never woulda expected this collab...

^
    keith was really born for these times. for all times, really.
    b/w
    "mac miller with a mac miller"

what's the strut's take on mac miller? has he been discussed? strutnip-r

faces has some joints, for sure

• ketan said:
    ^

Although I didn't totally like that song, just hearing Keith's voice was like "ahhh, I love this guy." His verse wasn't too great, but he's got a great voice.

As for Mac Miller, I tried to give the " ... Sound off" album a go, but couldn't hang. The chorus of "Gees" was what did it for me. I can handle my share of chauvenistic talk, but shit like that isn't anything I have any desire or need to listen to.

Controller_7 said:
    ketan said:
    ^

Although I didn't totally like that song, just hearing Keith's voice was like "ahhh, I love this guy." His verse wasn't too great, but he's got a great voice.

As for Mac Miller, I tried to give the " ... Sound off" album a go, but couldn't hang. The chorus of "Gees" was what did it for me. I can handle my share of shauvenistic talk, but shit like that isn't anything I have any desire or need to listen to.

i try not to "handle" any chauvinism in rap; it's all pretty ugly in what it reflects. but i won't let a little bit stop me from enjoying a beat or other lyrics in a song.

Did this get any blast in the other Lauryn thread? I can't imagine a better progression for her.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Enjoying the new Large Pro and Cormega album 'Mega Philosophy'

That MARS XtraP produced supergroup never materialized buth there is a new MARS line up tune on Mega Philosophy: Mega AZ Redman Styles P

new kev brown ep is nice too

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    ketan said:
    Did this get any blast in the other Lauryn thread? I can't imagine a better progression for her.

great. thanks for posting.

• Just heard the NehruvianDOOM. I like it!

staxwax said:

:feelin_it:

Soultaker said:

thanks - i'd been meaning to check that and forgot. hope the album is hot!

^ his pronnounciation of 'degrassi' is

• Choosey - Middle Finger Rap

More old demo ish finally seeing the light of day. Crazy C on the beat...

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

Hardbody!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

not really feeling the new adrian younge souls of mischief project on the whole - but the ali shaheed muhamad remixes are super nice. The ep has instrumentals and this one is exquisite. more plz!

new diamond is a bit spotty but production on the whole project is very crisp and it sounds amazing - listening to the album on a good system is a great sonic experience - and it has a few outstanding tunes on it

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

I like that Flatbush/Trash Talk - does anyone know more about how TT make their rap beats? Do they sample themselves or play live?

Cha'keeta B wins in so. many. ways. BUT I want to know more about why she named herself as a banana of specific brand... and is there any precedent for that in rap?? I mean, guess Gucci has been referenced a lot in rap names, but no one's gone an named themselves Gucci Perse or anything (prove me wrong tho)...

New Quik has some joints on it. Probably the best beat is Back That Shit Up, but the *AMAZING* bass sounds booty on the Youtube, so I'm not even going to link it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    ketan said:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gyuG1n0sGak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like this a lot, thanks for poasting.