Records with dog on cover!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

BARK BREAKS VOL 39, YO

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    RAJ said:
    ppadilha said:
    Earth's and Ppad's jpeg are not showing up for me.

I had the same problem with Batmon's, seems to happen more w/ discogs images?

b/w

Oh wow. This is incredible!!

also an *incredibly* good record!

Here's a taste of the article I'm about to get published where I interviewed the producer of this record

What was your first experience working with Fruko on a solo album?

It was almost a bad experience. We produced a longplay of music made up by us, some descargas, but we didn't know where we were going with it. Pedro Fuentes, another son of Don Antonio Fuentes, took copies of the vinyl to Puerto Rico, so it would be approved and released there. And we were told off, they said we didn't know how to make salsa. So that work was lost, it's called Tesura. Where you see Fruko with a dog on the cover. That was an experiment. It was a failure. Nothing happened with it. But we weren't discouraged because we had to start somewhere. So after that we went to see Fania in New York, to learn about the music and to learn how to pick the music, because we had to know how to pick what we were going to do. But that's how Fruko started, with nothing, no experience. And by the way of Fruko, you see that he spells Fruko with a K. That's because of the Frutera Colombiana, and Fruko was very round-faced, and had a big gap between his teethÔÇöhe still doesÔÇöand he looked a lot like the doll [from the logo] for the Fruco tomato sauce [ketchup]. So in the neighbourhood where we lived, everyone would get a nickname. ÔÇ£Hey Fruko, there goes little Fruko, Moon Face!ÔÇØ So we told Don Jos├®, ÔÇ£We're going to name him Fruco,ÔÇØ but then I thought, ÔÇ£we have to be careful so we're not sued by the Frutera Colombiana, we should spell it with a K.ÔÇØ That was my idea. Until today, everything is perfect, he's a monster of salsa.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:
    willie_fugal said:
    RAJ said:
    ppadilha said:
    Earth's and Ppad's jpeg are not showing up for me.

I had the same problem with Batmon's, seems to happen more w/ discogs images?

b/w

Oh wow. This is incredible!!

also an *incredibly* good record!

Here's a taste of the article I'm about to get published where I interviewed the producer of this record

What was your first experience working with Fruko on a solo album?

It was almost a bad experience. We produced a longplay of music made up by us, some descargas, but we didn't know where we were going with it. Pedro Fuentes, another son of Don Antonio Fuentes, took copies of the vinyl to Puerto Rico, so it would be approved and released there. And we were told off, they said we didn't know how to make salsa. So that work was lost, it's called Tesura. Where you see Fruko with a dog on the cover. That was an experiment. It was a failure. Nothing happened with it. But we weren't discouraged because we had to start somewhere. So after that we went to see Fania in New York, to learn about the music and to learn how to pick the music, because we had to know how to pick what we were going to do. But that's how Fruko started, with nothing, no experience. And by the way of Fruko, you see that he spells Fruko with a K. That's because of the Frutera Colombiana, and Fruko was very round-faced, and had a big gap between his teethÔÇöhe still doesÔÇöand he looked a lot like the doll [from the logo] for the Fruco tomato sauce [ketchup]. So in the neighbourhood where we lived, everyone would get a nickname. ÔÇ£Hey Fruko, there goes little Fruko, Moon Face!ÔÇØ So we told Don Jos├®, ÔÇ£We're going to name him Fruco,ÔÇØ but then I thought, ÔÇ£we have to be careful so we're not sued by the Frutera Colombiana, we should spell it with a K.ÔÇØ That was my idea. Until today, everything is perfect, he's a monster of salsa.

Nice. Great to interview someone who is such a good story teller.

I can't find any with the doll on the label.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Attached files

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ketan said:

Looks like he's sitting on a huge dick

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dog or wolf?
    Attached files

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Winner winner chicken dinner! :P

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

I know 'Touch of Class' has one with a dog on it too but for some reason it's album cover is unavailable via the Internetz.

These too:
    http://barkpost.com/dog-album-covers/

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Oops sorry about that Lou Dog lol