Jungle soundclash (war dubz)

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central

Might be of interest to a few of you guys:
http://www.factmag.com/2014/09/22/hear-jungle-war-dubs-from-sully-mella-dee-etch-and-more/

It???s war dub time again, and this time make sure you???ve got an Amen break handy.

From what we can gather, it???s Keysound jungle revivalist Sully who???s responsible for this one ??? he posted his dub a few days ago, and demanded a response from Epoch and Etch, who both took the bait [Update: it's been brought to attention that Epoch actually started it, not Sully]. Etch managed to throw two dubs together and while Epoch???s was on his Soundcloud page for a while, it appears to have been removed now.

Filter Dread and Gantz also got in on the action, as did Mella Dee who hilariously went on an upbeat tip, giving a big nod to the Northern obsession with happy hardcore in the process. Take a listen to a selection of the dubs so far below.

Update: There???s now an Epoch response to, well, everyone.

and a response from Om Unit

Comments

• great fun so far. hoping to get called for at some stage, keen to cut loose.

• deadly. the sully one for me - then the second etch one. gantz could have won it on that riddim but the mix is dully shit.
    om unit is not very good. i love this crap thanks for links

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Just the fact that producers are doing this makes me massively chuffed and it sounds like they're having fun.

• dope! I am down...but why the hell are all these tracks so short in length? that first track was killer, but could have been 3 minutes longer imho..

nuthin like a good ol Amen crushin'

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    word!
    you guys will like this mix i did about a year ago

Babylon killed by amen by L13 on Mixcloud

• I am going in as we speak.
    hopefully have something soon.

• Dope. Saw the mention of this on Twitter. Pretty heavy!

• my attempt...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    ^ That's awesome! Really, might be my favorite in the pile.

I haven't listened to new jungle in over a decade (i think krinjah's angel 12" was the last thing i bought!), and i'm really happy that there's some progressive interesting producers.

• Thanks Ketan!
    it's interesting what happens when positively nothing is at stake except laughs.

johnblack said:
    my attempt...

I'm jealous! Great work.

• cheers Duderonomy, it was ear and eye melting doing that much that quickly, but a good break (excuse me) from normal tune making.

Fucking yes.

I've been faithfully awaiting the big reeeeewind.

Been listening to some of the [strike]342[/strike] 344 odd tracks and there's some beauties. This one is brilliant and has a free WAV download:

Christ this one's evil

6-Blocc has to press this one:

:face_melt:

374 war dubz...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    ^ those last two are deeeadly.

the end of osci's -->

Another one with a WAV download:

• really liked the treatment of the break on that earl grey one.
    some good eq, compression etc on there (or he found a nice processed version somewhere!)

For some reason I was thinking guitar pedal... really nice. I don't have a soundcloud account, but would definitely be pestering him, Dawn Day Night, 6-Blocc, and Osci Dubz to release full versions of their tracks. Plus a longer version of Zimmer Dub wouldn't go amiss ;-)

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    1000% praise to yall for this thread...Oh my god this is fantastic.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I made this mixtape back in 1999 called Beats of Fury that is full of rammin' amens

MK Ultra - Beats of Fury Side A
    MK Ultra - Beats of Fury Side B

• I have enabled downloads on my one, but i think i only uploaded a 320.

I can't imagine stretching that track out much more, I personally think that approach only really lends itself to that skit / spontaneous format.

No worries, I'm like a kid in a sweetshop just wanting more and more.

Although this one is rough around the edges, it uses drum breaks differently:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i did one of these (named for who called me out)

aaron spectre's is the best tho:

• nutty edits p_gunn!
    that drumcorps one is mad.

Late addition recently spotted: