wisdom TEETH (n.r.r.)

2»

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I got mine out when I was still in highschool. I don't think mine were impacted. Mine went really smoothly. Passed out in seconds of getting the gas and woke up with a mouth full of gaze. Ended up spitting all this blood when I got home.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Had all 4 out a few years ago. The anethstesia had me feeling fine so I went to a party and got all messed up. Didn't bother to stop smoking herb like the doc said and I wound up with quadrupal dry sockets. Those shits hurt for like 2 months. The holes didn't fill in for like a year.

Moral: If yer a stoner who needs teeth yanked...stock up yer brownie supply first

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I get to keep mine, na na na boo boo.
    The odd part about mine is that I have a quadruple crowns on em too. In other words, rather than there being 4 bumps at the top of the tooth, there is 5.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    blood clot

• Had all 4 out a few years ago. The anethstesia had me feeling fine so I went to a party and got all messed up. Didn't bother to stop smoking herb like the doc said and I wound up with quadrupal dry sockets. Those shits hurt for like 2 months. The holes didn't fill in for like a year.

Moral: If yer a stoner who needs teeth yanked...stock up yer brownie supply first

I just had to wait like 3 days and stay away from waterpipes for a week or two.
    I second the gas option.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    My ex-wife got her's out last year, she was pretty messed up for about a week afterwards. She got all 4 done at once & got fully drugged up for it, she was in la-la land. She was spewing blood-clots & all. She said it was way better after it was done though, no re-curring pain etc. She was only able to eat soups & smoothies for a few days, as she said at the time... "shoop & shmoooviesh".

• blood clot

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I had mine pulled a couple years back and the unthinkable happened, I broke my jaw. They were impacted so they left my jaw weeker and a week after surgery eating cheese bread *POP*. Fuckin' hurt! Three weeks of liquid diet and 14 less pounds later I was all good. SUCKS!!!! Right after waking up from anestesia I felt the most intense sedation ever and I said to the hot nurse , however inaudiably because I was completly numb, "Holy Shit wahat am I ON?" she said "hungh". I said it again to no avail, she looks at my mom and my mom said in a stern voice "He wants to know what drugs he's on". Nurse smiled and said a cocktail of valium, diazapan, and something else. It felt good, I was drooling. Could not stand.

a cocktail of valium, diazapan, and something else. It felt good, I was drooling. Could not stand.

Ever had Demerol?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    That was the third one!

You lucked out.

• I had all 4 removed in one shot.

All impacted.

I woke up afterwards and tried to be mr. tuffguy "I can walk to the car" and nearly fell on my face.

I had bruises on my chest (???) from dude yanking them out, my face was bruised and swollen beyond recognition and I basically drugged myself and slept for 2 days.

Honestly though, it wasn't that bad. I know it sounds bad but it's not a big deal.

ditto, except my lucky ass had 5 impacted wisdoms...guess i'm a smart ass. One became infected and the pain became unbearable....couldnt sleep, so i had to get them pulled. Mouth swolled something awful, couldnt eat shit for 2 days, somehow when i could eat, food got trapped in the holes where the teeth were so i had to go back to the dentist to get that shit out.....not a pleasant experience, but i'm glad i did get them all pulled at once cause i would not have gone back to get the rest pulled after all the shit i went through.

• Man, good thing I read this thread. I'm having one of my wisdom teeth yanked by an oral surgeon next week and I'm NOT lookin forward. Ya see, it's begun to decay and every now and again, blackened pieces of my tooth will come out while brushing. Yeah dude, I know it sounds fuckin rough but for some reason, I feel no pain.

But that being the case, prolly not a good idea to have a decaying wisdom tooth all up in your grill. Just worried about the procedure. There's probably not a whole lotta tooth left for dude to grab onto to yank.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Still undecided on the gas thing though. Being put under kinda freaks me out. Had a molar ripped out years back and they had to saw the M'fer in two & yank out one piece at a time. Only had local, so I felt the pressure & heard the sounds, didn't really bug me cuz I didn't feel anything. Later that night, kicked with my girlfriend and some pals, went to some godawful rock club in Jersey & I was faded on codeine, weed & alcohol with my grill all swollen & stitched up. Ahhh, the good old days.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Later that night, kicked with my girlfriend and some pals, went to some godawful rock club in Jersey & I was faded on codeine, weed & alcohol with my grill all swollen & stitched up. Ahhh, the good old days.

glad you're getting it done, gonna save you some in the long run...

ps: how you like them LPs you got off me

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Good luck with that A****n, going under is always kind of sketchy (no Castillo) but depending on what they're doing to do you might to have that done. I just counted backwards, woke up and rolled out.

• a cocktail of valium, diazapan, and something else. It felt good, I was drooling. Could not stand.

Ever had Demerol?

Ever had Dilaudid??

It almost made having a kidney stone fun...

• It almost made having a kidney stone fun...