J. Torres - Funky Gospel Mix

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
Just unearthed this bad boy from the archives. Sooooo good.

Comments

• Options
    I used to play this a lot way back when, then one day the cd slipped between the seat cushions and got caught up in the subterranean detritus of my Explorer. I unearthed it a long time later, but the scratches ran deep.

***edit, just recalled that I loaded it into iTunes and its in my digital cobwebs somewhere. This is good news.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    One of the best mixes ever, I have probably listened to it about fifty times. Can anyone tell me what album the track that starts at around 41:20 is on? Justin told me it was the Beautiful Zion Choir, but it hasn't turned up on any of their albums I've listened to. My guess for the tile is "Put Your Burdens on Jesus", but you'd probably not be surprised how un-googleable a gospel song with Jesus in the title would be.

• Haven't thought about this one in years. Justin and I did this in 2005 or 6-ish, I think. He supplied the records and I mixed them - it was pretty challenging finding ways of transitioning these tracks, there's a a couple that I cringe when listening to now. Unfortunately I lost all the sound files a while back and I have no recollection of what half of these songs are. Only record I actually owned was the Gospel Clouds LP on Century, which was the outro track and one of the interludes.

Glad you dug this up though, thanks Raj.

• The mix is beyond killer, but there is some crazy skipping around the 30-minute mark. Anyone have another copy they can rip?