American-Style Football 2014

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
Ray Rice gets 2 games for laying out his lady.

Aldon Smith prolly facing 4 for not hurting anyone.

Kendall Hunter out for the season.

We good tho.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Big things for my Steelers this year.

Depth at running back.

Ben lost some weight.

Speed at wide receiver.

Munchak as O-Line coach.

Drafted well for D.

Yes.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    One week away from opening day!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DREWDAT!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

We good tho.

What a disgrace.
    Rice/Gordon shit is pathetic.

Especially since the league should've been easing it's marijuana policy to help those with concussion/brain issues.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

We good tho.

How's that new stadium working out down in Santa Clara?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Ray Rice gets 2 games for laying out his lady.

Aldon Smith prolly facing 4 for not hurting anyone.

We good tho.

Aldon Smith: 9 games.
    Justice has been served to the tree he killed with his SUV.

The new domestic abuse rules don't effect the already-handed-down Ray Rice 2-gamer.
    Aldon obviously has some substance issues and is a moron, but the NFL is on some bullshit. Fuck Goodell.

• rain103 said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

We good tho.

looks like a goddamn hospital.

I turned down free tix for Eagles @ Niners.

not feeling the train ride.

I will visit one day, but in no hurry to do so.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    As a Skins fan, I'm a bit skeptical about this season. We'll win more than 3 but the club continues to keep things soap-opera'esque and I continue to question the abilities of our O'line. Everyone keeps demanding that we have QB problems but the O'line makes our QB situation look way worse than it is.

There is also the mascot name issue that refuses to get resolved one way or another.

Regardless, I'm just ready for some muh'fuggin football.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    rain103 said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

We good tho.

I turned down free tix for Eagles @ Niners.

not feeling the train ride.

I will visit one day, but in no hurry to do so.

the distance between San Fran and it's team's new stadium is equal to that of the distance between buffalo and Toronto. just give us the frigging team and let us fix it. help me care even a little

• So what's this I hear about Welker smoking glass?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    My beloved Washington Football Franchise will barnstorm to 6-10!

JectWon said:
    As a Skins fan, I'm a bit skeptical about this season. We'll win more than 3 but the club continues to keep things soap-opera'esque and I continue to question the abilities of our O'line. Everyone keeps demanding that we have QB problems but the O'line makes our QB situation look way worse than it is.

There is also the mascot name issue that refuses to get resolved one way or another.

Regardless, I'm just ready for some muh'fuggin football.

When was the last time we DIDN'T have an O-line issue, really?

2012 was ok, but man, the front office seems to NEVER deal with this issue.

HOLLAFAME said:
    So what's this I hear about Welker smoking glass?

Snorting adderall

• rootlesscosmo said:
    rain103 said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

We good tho.

It kinda does look like it could be sponsored by The Red Cross. You would think that $1 billion could get you a little more of a wow factor.

• Bon Vivant said:
    HOLLAFAME said:

Snorting adderall

Welker could probably use the extra 4 weeks to rest what's left in his skull.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    walter_chron said:

The first time I saw this photo, my first thought was "I thought Hunter S. Thompson died".

• rain103 said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HOLLAFAME said:

Snorting adderall

Welker could probably use the extra 4 weeks to rest what's left in his skull.

His defense was mad #suspect. It's hard to believe that he never even heard of Molly.

I'm bullish on my Bears, 8-8 last year. But the upside is limited. 9-7? 10-6 with a first-round playoffs exit? 7-9? Nothing would surprise me. Being a fan of any sports team, especially one in the NFL, will make cynics of us all.

• white_tea said:

His defense was mad #suspect.

Haha! Yeah it was.

• I'm pretty happy to see the Hawks were able to contain Lacy as well as they did. The punt return situation is pretty suspect at the moment.

• :dead:

How we feeling about our teams? Overtime rules? Injuries?

• a private investor brought his bookie along on a business lunch. funny guy. long story short; i put a bean on the chargers to win the division at 15:1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Go chargers.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    My son has a little football he used to run around carrying, but lately, he's been kicking it around. I blame Europe.

Not sure what to think of the Saints. As the season began, they had me and a bunch of pundits thinking they'd make a Super Bowl run this year. But so far, our defense has been weak. And our offense has fallen off as well. Certainly glad that we came away with our first win last weekend against the Vikings. While I commend holding a team missing its Hall-of-Fame running back and led by a rookie QB to 9 points, that's shouldn't be considered that much of a feat. But what really has me worried is that we only scored 20 points against them in the Superdome. I'm now frightened that we're going to lose to Dallas in Arlington Sunday night.

• I think defenses in general around the league haven't quite clicked. The Broncos better watch out for the Chargers.

HarveyCanal said:
    Not sure what to think of the Saints. As the season began, they had me and a bunch of pundits thinking they'd make a Super Bowl run this year. But so far, our defense has been weak. And our offense has fallen off as well. Certainly glad that we came away with our first win last weekend against the Vikings. While I commend holding a team missing its Hall-of-Fame running back and led by a rookie QB to 9 points, that's shouldn't be considered that much of a feat. But what really has me worried is that we only scored 20 points against them in the Superdome. I'm now frightened that we're going to lose to Dallas in Arlington Sunday night.

We truly suck. Oh well.

• HarveyCanal said:
    We truly suck. Oh well.

BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOL b/w FUN WHILE IT LASTED

• HarveyCanal said:

We truly suck. Oh well.

Who's to blame: Rob Ryan, the players, or other? They've given up an average of 27.5 pts/game.

Then again Demarco Murray was/is a muhfuxin beast last night.

• IMHO, The players. Standing around, just not appearing to have that extra effort. Brees gets in a hole now, he seems flustered and makes bad decisions. I blame the new baby.