records..same OG collection, found different spots

2»

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    damn, thats an interesting idea.

how'd that work out?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    i used to keep collections together and play my sets according to where the records came from. tried to possibly recreate those old parties. everything's mixed up now.

Insane collection disbursment candidate.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    damn, thats an interesting idea.

how'd that work out?

great. and when i messed up my mixes (never that son), I justified: this was the way Jammy J would have done it.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i used to keep collections together and play my sets according to where the records came from. tried to possibly recreate those old parties. everything's mixed up now.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    2 of the dopest records i've ever scored/heard were found @ Shangri-la - memphis
    the stickers had a lady's name & a chi-town address
    i looked thru all the bins on my last visit, no more with her labels,
    if she had the 2 i found, what else did she sell y'all ??

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I have about 50 45's from the Sandi and Deborah Graham collection. Prolly 10 Lp's from the Huss family collection. These have turned up in various spots, record stores, thrift shops, etc. Also bought a bunch of 45's that belonged to Eva off a homeless dude in MPLS.

The Grahams had heatrocks lots of Stax, Hi, Bell, Motown keepers, in ok shape too.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Sweet, I'm throwing a Sandi and Deborah Graham party at my new place! Ingenious!!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Oberlin is dope. Small college town very liberal. Good times though when I went through there.

Marcus Belgrave teaches there.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    theres some serious record collections on soulstrut. how long is it going to be before some of us are committed and collections get dispersed?
    who are the likeliest candidates? guzzo? hcrink? L13? ap and philmost have shown their moments of madness too...

dogs if and when I finally lose all touch with reality you best belive I'm bringing my big bird and 25 crates to my padded cell

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    theres soe serious record collections on soulstrut. how long is it going to be before some of us are committed and collections get dispersed?

Some of us already have been committed.
    I spent most of my weekend archiving a "collection"
    (File Under: This record will kill you)