next up ISIL / ISIS

kalakala 3,358 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
nice bunch of lads
as many as 500 UK nationals in their ranks

https://news.vice.com/video/the-islamic-state-part-1

Comments

• Everyone has suffered while Obama has been president.

I think if I were running the show, I could get things figured out.

Do more with coal, ect, ect.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• GatorToof said:
    Everyone has suffered while Obama has been president.

The reason ISIS exists is because Bush invaded Iraq. Without the invasion Saddam would still be in power. As bad of a dictator as he was, the country was still secular and in no way comparable to the mess it is today.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    GatorToof said:

The reason ISIS exists is because Bush invaded Iraq. Without the invasion Saddam would still be in power. As bad of a dictator as he was, the country was still secular and in no way comparable to the mess it is today.

exactly

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Agreed, this is the legacy of the Bush/Blair 'War on Terror'. As bad as a dictatorship is, we have left the area wide open for these groups to move in, left weapons to be seized by the wrong hands, left officials and armies incapable of protecting themselves and given people more reasons to despise everything about western countries and their leaders. And now you see people having a good old rofl at Bush doing the ice bucket challenge and growing more intolerant of Muslims worldwide. Such a depressing state of affairs.

The whole Vice documentary was good, I thought. Apparently the IS press officer who features in it was killed a few days ago, not that it makes much difference.

• Da Vinylmentalist said:
    GatorToof said:

Dude, are you suggesting pacifism when there is clearly violence and drugs threatening the lives of innocent civilians? The US military has been publicly pressuring the White House to make ISIS a priority. It is hard to get anybody to control the chaos.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    GatorToof said:

Dude, are you suggesting pacifism when there is clearly violence and drugs threatening the lives of innocent civilians? The US military has been publicly pressuring the White House to make ISIS a priority. It is hard to get anybody to control the chaos.

They have?

• Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

They have?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/22/military-brass-ex-officials-pressure-white-house-to-expand-isis-fight-to-syria/

I've known you are an unhappy person because you never ad a smiley to your posts. If you showed a little more consideration, if you are capable of doing so, then I would care more about how you feel.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    quote]"ISIL is as sophisticated and well-funded as any group that we have seen. They're beyond just a terrorist group," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Thursday, adding that the U.S. will have to take a "cold, steely hard look" and "get ready."

Hagel and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey spoke in ominous terms as they addressed the growing danger posed by the organization that aims to form a caliphate across northern Iraq and Syria, and possibly beyond.

Their comments suggested something more than a "limited" military mission -- as the White House says is being pursued in Iraq -- is ultimately needed to blunt, and defeat, the Islamic State. /quote

Actually, Hagel and Dempsey are using much the same language that Obama has used.
    If Fox news reported the facts, and then let you decide, instead of stating unfounded conclusions as fact, then gatortooth would not be such a mixed up and confused person.
    :lol:

GatorToof said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

They have?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/22/military-brass-ex-officials-pressure-white-house-to-expand-isis-fight-to-syria/

I've known you are an unhappy person because you never ad a smiley to your posts. If you showed a little more consideration, if you are capable of doing so, then I would care more about how you feel.

That article doesn't say what you claim it does.

Sorry, little guy.

b/w

I don't care if you care about me.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

I've known you are an unhappy person because you never ad a smiley to your posts.

I don't know, man. That was a pretty solid burn. Got your number on that one.

DB_Cooper said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

I've known you are an unhappy person because you never ad a smiley to your posts.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

I LOL'd

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dont worry we got a strategy now i think