Share some boogie sure shots

KidProcrassKidProcrass 107 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
So for the last few weeks i started to delve into boogie. I always liked some songs here and there but never really got into it mainly because im not a big fan of the over polished sound, but lately i have found some really good gritty rawer sounding cuts on youtube, mixes etc. As usual turns out most of the songs i like are all 200-300$ 12" or 45's. So what do you guys ride for or play out on the regular? Maybe we could set the limit around 50$ records and less.

Anyway here's a few records im really feeling to kinda give you guys an idea or the type of sound im into.

Oh and here's a dope not too expensive 12"

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    This is my absolute jam right now, even though it isn't straight boogie (in fact, if people have recommendations of tracks that sound like this, please holler!):

• Don't know how to embed but:

My fav is Leon Haywood "tenderoni"

And 100% dance floor scorcher Vaughn Mason ft. Butch Dayo "you can do it"

Peace, stein...

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I'm too lazy to embed, so plaese to check youtube.

Chemise - "She Can't Love You"

The Snapp - "You Knock Me Out"

You can probably get both for under $50

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    EDIT: Only just found out that the records could not be more than $50. I guees that disqualifies these two.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    This one shouldn't be more than $50.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

• MusicaDelAlma said:
    This is my absolute jam right now, even though it isn't straight boogie (in fact, if people have recommendations of tracks that sound like this, please holler!):

Definitely different vibe but damn good! The 2 others are real good too but fall in the "im not trying to pay 500$ for a 12" (Michael Adevereaux) category. Thanks for sharing man.

youngEINSTEIN said:

And 100% dance floor scorcher Vaughn Mason ft. Butch Dayo "you can do it"

Peace, stein...

Thanks sir this is exactly the type of stuff i was looking for.

Rah Band, Circle City band, Chemise and the Snapp just got added to the want list. Thanks guys.

Mondeyano said:

REALLY feeling this one. Your mixes on the main page along with fredfades really peaked my interest. Thanks

DJ_WubWub said:

When i first heard the clip i got really hyped up until i checked popsike.. Awesome song tho and since its a local one im hoping ill come across it in the field someday. Until then i guess the reissue will have to do. 3 others clips are great too and def added to the list. Thanks man

Thanks Billbradley and GamleOle really liked those as well.

DeeRock said:

Listening right now, great mix Preme. Any chance of getting a tracklist or a few id's?

• So many of the crazy rare boogie tracks have been reissued. I bought a reissue of that Ron Richardson and sold my original for $1100 (found in montreal for $30)

couple more

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    You can still get the Prophet reissue for cheap and it's well worth it:

http://www.discogs.com/Prophet-Right-On-Time/release/4799777

• It's unfortunate that you write off the "over-polished" boogie joints right off the bat because those are the best bang for the buck classics! That raw, "un-polished" boogie sound is hot at the moment i guess but those records are very expensive and in my opinion very few of them can ever surpass any classic on Prelude. Do yourself a favor and start embracing all flavors of boogie, especially those masterfully produced and mixed classics!

• Cover of the Hipnotic tune.$5 on discogs

Here are a couple cheap tracks that I have picked up recently.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Maybe you like this too, from 1984, electro proto house stuff- with some rap. I'm really getting into this stuff myself lately.

• there's so much out there, but here's a good recent mix that had a bunch of cuts i didn't know already:

several of the good ones in the mix are pretty cheap too....

i've got a spotify playlist of boogie tracks tooÔÇôÔÇôjust throw it on shuffle & enjoy/note the ones you particularly like: http://open.spotify.com/user/benberman/playlist/526EKaYkhRjcyTaGiHZhbe

• billbradley said:
    Here are a couple cheap tracks that I have picked up recently.

Love that tune probably sold 10 copies last year due to the fact it is such a dope track and just had to play it to sell it. The dub on a decent sound system is killer.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    picked this uk uptempo boogie 12' up recently, seems to do work..

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    a personal favourite:

deezlee said:

I'm adding this to my want list now.

upskiboo said:
    picked this uk uptempo boogie 12' up recently, seems to do work..

I grabbed a cheap copy on the bay today. Thanks.