Video Music Awards

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    oh, and by the way. I would love to bounce Kelly Clarkson. I dont think I would want to talk to her. I would prefer to get right to the bouncing and then just leave.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the worst...show ever.

come on man.

(see suspect behavior thread)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    From what I did see of the VMAs, they looked TERRIBLE. Spectacularly so.

I'm stoned and I'm still not enjoying this

wait I did chuckle at Ashlee simpson saying "we learned how to shake our bootys to soul music in the dirty south"

Is the irony not lost on anyone that the Simpson's minister/manager dad, who made them wear promise rings (as in "I promise not to fuck anybody until I get married, Daddy") is going to burn in hell for letting his daughter, Jessica, dress like a street walker in order to promote herself and having his still teenage child, Ashlee, make comments about growning up in the dirty south.

I wish Pat Robertson would start a campaign to get them assassinated. Mostly because Jessica seriously mauled Nancy Sinatra's legacy.

I must be the only one who found R Kelley's appearance riveting (in a car wreck sort of way). I had not heard the song before tonight so I was a little unprepared for the whole gay opera aspect, the terrible lipsynching and the disappointing finish when dude goes back to his wife instead of jumping out of a window or something.

Co-sign on the Kelly Clarkson. I think they had trouble getting her voice right but her energy and actual anger ("I even fell for that fucking love song") came through.

Overall the show was terrible and Puffy (that's right, Puffy, bitches) was horrible. He is a great promoter but not such a fabulous performer and him giving away wrist watches did not excite.

Lastly that comedian dude who Snoop introduced was terrible. Blowing up babies and all is not funny.

wait I did chuckle at Ashlee simpson saying "we learned how to shake our bootys to soul music in the dirty south"

Is the irony not lost on anyone that the Simpson's minister/manager dad, who made them wear promise rings (as in "I promise not to fuck anybody until I get married, Daddy") is going to burn in hell for letting his daughter, Jessica, dress like a street walker in order to promote herself and having his still teenage child, Ashlee, make comments about growning up in the dirty south.

I wish Pat Robertson would start a campaign to get them assassinated. Mostly because Jessica seriously mauled Nancy Sinatra's legacy.

The fact that the industry is still pushing these two shrubs is so sad.

Those bitches may be from the South, but I doubt they were ever close to living in the "dirty" South.

Really fucking sad if this is the "best" music from this/last year.

No wonder Kanye's on the cover of Time. He's like Miles Davis compared to these retards.

• wow! R Kelly's shit was complete garbage. Couldn't really try to figure out what the fuck they were tryin to do with that bullshit.

It was like a drag performance. I thought it was hilarious when Kells went queen.

The show was boring as hell (until Entourage came on, when I tuned out).

I like the Killers. I was singing it all this morning. And Shakira and Alejandro Sanz were great.

ps-i'm not kayne nutrider. just making a relative comparison. in fact i still haven't heard his record(s). i guess that's why i liked "i try" for a week?

• From what I did see of the VMAs, they looked TERRIBLE. Spectacularly so.

Those bitches may be from the South, but I doubt they were ever close to living in the "dirty" South.

No wonder Kanye's on the cover of time. He's like Miles Davis compared to these retards.

all I gotta say is Rare Essence cover of Peices of Me is so necessary.

And the fact that the ludacris performance with Rare Essence was the biggest let down of MTV this year.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Shit I forgot how good sounding the Kanye tune was. I have to admit I had never heard him before that night either. Guess that makes me in some strutters eyes.

Shakira was not having Lil John put his arm around her. Anybody catch that kung fu arm twist she put on him?

When Green Day is cleaning up you know shit sucks.

No wonder Kanye's on the cover of time. He's like Miles Davis compared to these retards.

all I gotta say is Rare Essence cover of Peices of Me is so necessary.

And the fact that the ludacris performance with Rare Essence was the biggest let down of MTV this year.

i'm not saying there's no good music out. there is. always will be.

but the fact that all these "industry leaders etc." are now 100% out of touch is sad. of course, they've only been 20% "in touch" and slipping from the git go.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You people actually watched this? I figured there would be no point to watch it, and apparently there wasnt.

So please enlighten me, why would you waste your time knowing that it will sucks so bad?

You people actually watched this? I figured there would be no point to watch it, and apparently there wasnt.

So please enlighten me, why would you waste your time knowing that it will sucks so bad?

partied then hungover all day. winding down on the couch flipping back and fourth btwn family guy reruns.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    mc hammer.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

and it was still more exciting than most of the 'performances'....just seemed a bit loose, under-rehearsed to my ears.

I liked the Shakira bit tho...that girl can move.
    Rhianna at the pre-show had a nice dance troupe, but she had no charisma.At least the West Indies was repped a couple times.

And damn, Ciara had to go and wear heels and made Lil Bow Wow look even Lil'er. He told her stylist 'You're Fired!' on the air! But at least she was showing off thick thighs for days!

I guess I might think the sky was falling if I was 'in the idustry', but according to my scorecard this kind of shit has always been more comical than interesting or enlightening. Much more a testament to the sophistication of MTV's organizational skills and live TV production than bearing any resemblance to music or even performance.

i hope so

i hope so

you gotta admit, there is a certain joy in watching Kurt Loder have to tell a liteweight outfit like the Killers that he is 'lookingn forward' to their 'special performance' during the show! LOL

And what is with everyone having to say what huge Coldplay fans they are? Jeezus, people, isn't there more interesting boring music to listen to? Lots of insomniacs out there.

And Kelly Clarkson has a great tush, I will say that for her.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Mumbo I have that LP in your avatar. Is that worth anything?

Dr Curious

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

No wonder Kanye's on the cover of Time. He's like Miles Davis compared to these retards.

Dr Curious

you talkimg to me?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Dr Curious

you talkimg to me?

I was asking mumbo about the LP is his avatar. If you got price info on x-ian heaters plaese to inform?

• Did anyone see the

VS

like Joe saying "I feel real safe with all this security around thanks to G-Unit"

Then 50 said something which I couldn't hear because they edited for us on the West Coast....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I watched it for the same reasons I watch most award shows ??? the outfits! And last night I wanted to see Golddigger. I???m not a Kanye fan, but I can???t lie ??? I love the song. I could have done without Jamie Foxx???s open shirt though.

The show was cheese from beginning to end. It was like the Puff Daddy Variety Show.

Some thoughts and queries ??? why did Jessica Simpson keep jiggling like that? Didn???t Ciara look a bit uncomfortable with Missy clutching her hand? Did Beyonce give Alicia Keys a dirty look a la high school when Keys went up for her award? Lil Kim looked good ??? I almost didn???t recognize her. I can???t believe they bleeped out ???George Bush??? when the guy who was up with Lil Kim was talking about people having to go to jail for lying. Kirsten Dunst looked great. Alicia Keys did not. Bow Wow is growing up to be a fine looking young man. Gwen Stefani???s dress was hideous. The R Kelly thing made me cringe. I was waiting to see how he would make the transition from synching to actual performance ??? but he never did, did he? I gave up and went to the kitchen. Dane Cook needs to get off the blow and onto some good material. Kelly Clarkson???s itty bitties made me feel cold. 50-related beefs are getting boring. I???m not a Mariah fan either, but she sounded good. Girl???s got thighs for days!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I wish Pat Robertson would start a campaign to get them assassinated.

I'm feeling this irony. it's like the whole Britney thing when she was talking about she's a virgin (meanwhile playing into male schoolgirl fantasies with her first video). whatever. Pat Robertson is too busy putting latin american leaders on blast to worry about the real threats to our children.

Dr Curious

you talkimg to me?

I was asking mumbo about the LP is his avatar. If you got price info on x-ian heaters plaese to inform?

my bad. i don't know who mumbo is (or xtian raer prices)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Fat Joe video.

Here.

Fat Joe Diss by G-Unit.

Here.

• Mumbo I have that LP in your avatar. Is that worth anything?

Dr Curious

about 40 - 60 now.

now that I can't find it again.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Dr Curious

about 40 - 60 now.

now that I can't find it again.

Is the price due to breaks and samples or some other reasons?

Dr Very Happy To Have Paid $3 For This Record.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I watched it for the same reasons I watch most award shows ??? EVA LONGORIA[/b]

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Fat Joe video.

Here.

Fat Joe Diss by G-Unit.

Here.

Sources stated that 50 actually jumped on stage off camera after Fat Joe made the quip about G-Unit.

In related news, during pre-show festivities 50 appeared with Mase and officially announced the former Bad Boy rapper???s signing to G-Unit. [/b]

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    mc hammer.

When did Hammer come out? I fast-forwarded to the highlights last night (namely the Kanye performance) and never noticed Hammer.

Herm

mc hammer.

When did Hammer come out? I fast-forwarded to the highlights last night (namely the Kanye performance) and never noticed Hammer.

Herm

Diddy kind of just sprung it on after Ludacris I think, maybe later, I was in and out a lot. He was actually pretty good...it was the looks on people's faces in the crowd that were priceless! Beyonce just looked stunned, mouth hangin' open, that was pretty common.