Glen Coe - The Orb Original Sample

RawbbieRawbbie 20 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
Can anyone ID this?

Here's the deal on this one - I don't know why but I think it might be a Dusty Fingers track. I also seem to remember it being by a Japanese artist/band. And I have it on my hard drive somewhere, but will never find it as it's buried in gigabytes and gigabytes of material lol.

But I did come across another song that uses the sample - Glen Coe/The Orb - so here it is.

Anyone know the main melody to this? Thanks in advance I have a version of it somewhere, and it might not be the original but a remix, which I'll upload as soon as I can figure out what the hell it is...

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Rawbbie said:
    Can anyone ID this?

Here's the deal on this one - I don't know why but I think it might be a Dusty Fingers track. I also seem to remember it being by a Japanese artist/band. And I have it on my hard drive somewhere, but will never find it as it's buried in gigabytes and gigabytes of material lol.

But I did come across another song that uses the sample - Glen Coe/The Orb - so here it is.

Anyone know the main melody to this? Thanks in advance I have a version of it somewhere, and it might not be the original but a remix, which I'll upload as soon as I can figure out what the hell it is...

• speaking of the orb, i trust you've seen this?

https://krisweston.com/index.php/rant/

• RawbbieRawbbie 20 Posts
    Neil- thanks for that info - I haven't seen it, and don't know anything about Glen Coe, but I'm going to read up on it now

Doc- you are the man. Can't believe after all these years of collecting breaks, this one has been off my radar.

I do actually have a remix of this, but the only clip I can find is maybe the first 20 seconds or so and it's probably not enough to ID. But it's on YouTube and if you click the link, you'll hear that the last few seconds or so might be the only clues as the what the remix might be. Here it is:

Any chance it sounds familiar? All I can remember is that the end of the remix has a vocal sample of something like "we had a lot to do..".. not much help I know but hey who knows.