MUSIC (traceable funk)

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
just some tracks i just ripped...if you folks like any of these holler, i will post photos and info later and maybe rip a few more things...enjoy

1. Shawinigan Lake High School ??? Summertime

2. Doug Riley ??? Birth

3. Salome Bey ??? Try

4. Dianne and the New Worlds ??? Talking Trash

5. Jurmana Ost ??? Nachoon Main Gao Tum

6. Ron Johnson ??? Backfence Cattin???

7. Temple Sun ??? Voyage Sans Retour

8. Afyon OST ??? Ankara

9. Bobby Hales Big Band ??? Fireball

10. Keef Hartley ??? You and Me

12. Statler - Forgot to tag this one

13. NIck Ayoub - Put it Out

Comments

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Now this is what I'm talking about!

Nice one, crab!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Yes, great poast!

Love that Temple Sun - as far as I'm aware it's a tough one to find. Great bongos on the Statler as well - difficult not to compare it to Apache really, really enjoyed that one.

Gracias.

• thanks.

i think the staler one is called "afro rock" but i'll confirm that later...temple sun is ill, thanks to the strutteur who hooked that up. the flip is also strong..

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    temple sun is ill, thanks to the strutteur who hooked that up. the flip is also strong..

Killer 45. SKel hipped me to it and I bought it on ebay.fr later that evening. There is still hope! You have anything else on that label, Crab?

• skel is the mothrfucking man. he hipped me and hooked me up. everything about that 45 is super ill including the cover art. when i asked skel i think he told me that he wasn;t aware of any other tunes by this particular group. have nothing else on the label but my interest is definitely piqued. ...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Thanks dudes.
    What is most pleasing to assume is this: gang of library musos accidentally took a shed-load of LSD and managed to press 'record' while they wigged out on electric saxes, messed around with the tremolo settings on a Marshall stack and arsed about with one of them in/out toy whistles.

• Forgot to post back when this thread was created but just wanted to say thanks for sharing some of these, especially that Temple Sun joint. Ive had it on ebay search since this thread was posted and havent had a result to date. If any of you guys have a spare or any leads let me know please!

Also Crab im guessing your Canadian with the Doug Riley, Nick Ayoub and Shawinigan connections. Where are you located?

If I hear of one being offered, I'll hit you up, KP.

Anyone have any recommendations from the label that Temple Sun is on, called Le Kiosque d'Orph├®e? Their discography looks pretty interesting to me, I'll have to spend some time checking out their releases. The label put stuff out all over the map, musically speaking, so seems like it'd be fun to poke around a bit.

http://filbeypop.free.fr/VINYLDISCOG/kiosque d'orphee.html
    http://www.discogs.com/label/36071-Le-Kiosque-dOrph├®e

This is one of the few I can recommend, besides the Temple Sun 7":

http://www.discogs.com/Le-Mystère-Jazz-De-Tombouctou-Le-Mystère-Jazz-De-Tombouctou/release/5420347

An original copy of this LP is pretty high up on my wantlist. I have the re filed now and listen to it all the time.

Whoa, OK, it was Jef Gilson's label and recording studio. :face_melt:

Can't find much info in English online, but this was a fun read: http://ehsankhoshbakht.blogspot.com/2012/02/remebreing-jef-gilson-1926-2012.html

• Just checked a few youtube videos of Le Myst├¿re Jazz De Tombouctou and its really killer stuff. Hopefully you get to scratch that off your list sooner than later.

• I guess they were the one's releasing Mali Kunkan labels catalog to france.

Looks like Kindred spirits reissued a few releases so far.