Andre 3000 as Hendrix and Don Cheadle as Miles Davis

scebasceba 122 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
First image of Don Cheadle as Miles Davis:

+The Hendrix biopic trailer is out:

Thoughts?

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Cheadle has always been a big Davis fan, hope he can do such a long career justice in the space of two hours. Unless it's concentrating on a specific period.

3K looks the part but not sure of his acting credentials...

IS HE EXPERIENCED?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    are they wearing the same meggings?

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I heard that they couldn't get the rights to Hendrix's music for the biopic. So they just have music performed in his style but not really his songs. I think this would be incredibly distracting/dealbreaker for me

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Hendrix movie is getting decent reviews and Andre certainly seems to have the the Jimi vibe down. The music thing is a problem but since the movie only covers up to Monterey in June of 67 most his catalog wouldn't be appropriate anyway. I'll catch it on Netflix.

Cheadle's arms are way too jacked to be Miles Davis in that pic. He looks like he should be in Full Force or something.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's a shame they couldn't use the og material but i'll still watch it. I don't really need to see Andre mugging it along to Voodoo Chile anyway.

These biopic films can often be ruined by the over use of musical interludes of whatever current music icon doing generally poor versions of old standards. That Chess records movie turned into a Beyonce music video every 20 minutes.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    asstro said:

Cheadle's arms are way too jacked to be Miles Davis in that pic. He looks like he should be in Full Force or something.

Its about time we had an in-depth discussion about the upper-body physique of a MAN on this board for once.....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Anybody remember the 2Pac biopic on VH1 that had Busdriver voicing the raps?