I'm tired of seeing hot chicks with losers

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Our society has placed so much importance on status and material things that we have 2-3 generations of parents who put raising their kids properly near the bottom of their priority list.

Instead of love, time and attention too many parents have given their kids material things, prescription drugs and unrealistic goals.

Soulstrut was hacked!?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BigSpliff said:
    Rockadelic said:

Our society has placed so much importance on status and material things that we have 2-3 generations of parents who put raising their kids properly near the bottom of their priority list.

Instead of love, time and attention too many parents have given their kids material things, prescription drugs and unrealistic goals.

Soulstrut was hacked!?

On November 17th, 2005 to be exact.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Oh gawd, not the blame any and everything on parents crutch again. Yeah, mom's should go back to staying at home and dad's should go back to spending whatever little time they had away from work beating the shit out of everyone in their home in the name of discipline. Then boys wouldn't have time to play with guns as they'd instead be spending all of their time getting their flattop haircuts maintained. Gosh, Wally...problem solved.

Yaeh dude, when Adam Lanza's mother knew her son had serious mental issues and bought him guns and took him to the firing range how the hell can we blame her.

I don't think Harvey believes the Adam Lanza narrative.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    There are many things wrong with America but society will keep looking to blame something else besides humans being accountable for their own actions.

Then when a child who is not equipped in any way to deal with these things, snaps, we want to point fingers every which way but where they belong.

Raising children, giving them the things they need to flourish and getting them help when they need it is a greater responsibility than owning a gun.

And when someone is known to have emotional or mental issues, allowing them to have a gun is a recipe for disaster.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    whew yeah if we got rid of those evil guns those three stabbed to death might still be alive

Ah...the talking point most often used by low functioning taint stains that not only think they are being logical, but also clever and hilarious.

A most specious argument...substitute knives with cars/hammers/ladders...blah blah blah

I am pretty sure every nation on earth has assholes with anger issues, mentally ill people, horny losers...yet we are the only country where they regularly go on shooting sprees. WHAT could be the difference between us and every other nation on earth? SO perplexing.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    whew yeah if we got rid of those evil guns those three stabbed to death might still be alive

Ah...the talking point most often used by low functioning taint stains that not only think they are being logical, but also clever and hilarious.

A most specious argument...substitute knives with cars/hammers/ladders...blah blah blah

I am pretty sure every nation on earth has assholes with anger issues, mentally ill people, horny losers...yet we are the only country where they regularly go on shooting sprees. WHAT could be the difference between us and every other nation on earth? SO perplexing.

It's the pills.

HarveyCanal said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

It's the pills.

Interesting.
    I wonder how many of these shooters had been prescribed psychotropic or other drugs to treat mental conditions.

LaserWolf said:

Interesting.
    I wonder how many of these shooters had been prescribed psychotropic or other drugs to treat mental conditions.

All of them.

Thanks. I googled some web pages and will read up.
    Had to do some work to find ones that were not linked to CTs.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

It's the pills.

Ah, yes. It's not the mental illness/issue/disease that is the problem, it's the treatment of said illness/issue/disease.

Makes no sense at all.

The pills aren't treating shit. They are just making people drug dependent and more desperate and all too often more violent.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    1 in 10 Americans are on anti-depressants and something like 80% of the world's painkiller use is in the States. As improbable as it seems that there would be even more violent mass attacks than there are already, given the consumption levels, I think we would be looking at a horror every week.

Trying to pinpoint one cause is myopic, will accomplish nothing and is a tactic more to prove one's stance or interests than actually solving the problem. It's not just guns or mental healthcare shortcomings or misogyny or twisted definitions of masculinity and privilege or racism or prescription drugs.

(btw - Did anyone ask about mental health issues or prescription drug use after the Boston Marathon murders?)

bassie said:
    1 in 10 Americans are on anti-depressants and something like 80% of the world's painkiller use is in the States. As improbable as it seems that there would be even more violent mass attacks than there are already, given the consumption levels, I think we would be looking at a horror every week.

Aren't we?

bassie said:

Trying to pinpoint one cause is myopic, will accomplish nothing and is a tactic more to prove one's stance or interests than actually solving the problem. It's not just guns or mental healthcare shortcomings or misogyny or twisted definitions of masculinity and privilege or racism or prescription drugs.

Yeah, but taking guns away ain't going to happen here. So instead, we might as well get to work on those other causes.

Also...Exene Cervenka.

HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:

Aren't we?

I guess it's just not making it on the news up here that every week a Newtown or Aurora movie theatre or Boston Marathon spree is taking place and that the shooters cross every demographic, like the medication users do.

bassie said:

I guess it's just not making it on the news up here that every week a Newtown or Aurora movie theatre or Boston Marathon spree is taking place and that the shooters cross every demographic, like the medication users do.

Fort Hood just last month, Hispanic dude on meds.

No women shooters so far though. Interesting...

Doesn't really speak to what I'm saying as far as frequency or demographics go...or that military base shootings, especially by those with PTSD, are in a different category than those by someone like Rodger or Tsarnaev.

I am standing down as I've said my piece.

bassie said:
    Doesn't really speak to what I'm saying as far as frequency or demographics go...or that military base shootings, especially by those with PTSD, are in a different category than those by someone like Rodger or Tsarnaev.

I am standing down as I've said my piece.

Yep, same here.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The pills aren't treating shit. They are just making people drug dependent and more desperate and all too often more violent.

And yet taking away easy access to guns wouldn't help? People are always going to get desperate and angry. If people really want to get guns in Britain, they can, and I'm sure it's a similar scenario almost anywhere in the world (Norway?). But USA is the only place that guns are really, really, really easy to get hold of.

b/w

This kid was messed-up:

http://www.docdroid.net/ckku/im-tired-of-seeing-losers-with-hot-chicks-bodybuildingcom-forums-.pdf.html

Duderonomy said:
    HarveyCanal said:

And yet taking away easy access to guns wouldn't help?

No, because that's not going to happen, at least until our criminal government is stopped in their never ending quest to set the example a million times over for any wingnut individual to go postal.

Hardly anybody here cares about drone attacks on civilians. Hardly anybody bats an eye when some new war is started over next to nothing without proper authorization. Rogue cops straight up murder people and the peanut gallery literally cheers it on. Who cares if we stuff more people into prison? And hell, might as well torture them while we're at it. There is a culture here that is disgusting and it starts from the top down. And those of us on the bottom aren't about to give up our arms to those same criminals no less, so again...please start barking up a tree that might actually spring branches because the gun control debate is going nowhere.

bassie said:

(btw - Did anyone ask about mental health issues or prescription drug use after the Boston Marathon murders?)

I agree with everything you said.

But a few points.
    There are about 24 mass shootings a year in the US. They account for a fraction of total homicides.
    While trying to pinpoint one cause is myopic, if we were to look at all causes we should include prescription drug use and possible side effects.

Still I get your points and agree.

Reading up I don't, at this time, think that prescription drug use is a likely factor in these shootings.
    But I am still skeptical.

I do feel strongly that drugs are over prescribed including for mental illness. But that is another topic for another day.

When people talk about "gun control" they are talking about controlling legally owned guns.

95% of the gun crimes committed in the U.S. involves "illegal" guns

The last figure I read was that 1 in every 200,000 legal guns are used in a crime.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    When people talk about "gun control" they are talking about controlling legally owned guns.

LOL

Rockadelic said:

LOL

Rockadelic said:
    The last figure I read was that 1 in every 200,000 legal guns are used in a crime.

LOL

vintageinfants said:
    Rockadelic said:

LOL

Rockadelic said:

LOL

Rockadelic said:

LOL

Not sure what's funny.....care to elaborate?

• From an international perspective, the US clearly has a problem - despite having less than 5% of the world's population, it has roughly 35-50% of the world's civilian-owned guns.

The United States has 88 firearms per 100 people.