I'm tired of seeing hot chicks with losers

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I guess some people look at this and think if he was getting laid or had a gf none of this would happen, if he didn't have such easy access to guns and ammo, it would not have gotten this far. I look at it and think if he had a lover/gf, what would he do to her when things didn't go his way? If guns weren't like groceries, in what other ways could he terrorize women?
    In targeted manifesto/hate killings like this, you can take away the guns, but if you don't address the ideology, you are ignoring a major cause of what happened.

edit - by the way, the Helen Hunt movie where she plays a sex therapist in the 1970s is The Sessions (with John Hawkes, not Kevin Spacey).
    In it she is helping an extremely ill man with physical barriers to experience sexual intimacy. This is not what Elliot Rodger required.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Sheeit, trust Bassie to talk some common sense up in here

::ice grill::

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:
    you can take away the guns, but if you don't address the ideology, you are ignoring a major cause of what happened.
    the guns and the ideology are indissociable, which is why despite countless bloodbaths they manifestly can't bring themselves to get rid of them.

You've missed my point entirely. I am fine with that.

skel said:

lol I had a much less measured response over the weekend. This was the Monday version.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    bassie said:
    skel said:

lol I had a much less measured response over the weekend. This was the Monday version.

i had a small knee-jerk response to defend myself on facebook when you were pedal to the floor on "old racist white guy" posts last month, but i know better than to defend a man's right to terrorize women simply for existing.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:
    I don't think I have. I sincerely think that I understood your nuanced use of the term "ideology". If you still think not, please care to expand on it.

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:
    skel said:

i had a small knee-jerk response to defend myself on facebook when you were pedal to the floor on "old racist white guy" posts last month, but i know better than to defend a man's right to terrorize women simply for existing.

I didn't pursue the conversation on FB and really don't want to do it here either.
    As much as the knee jerk reaction is to think everything is about old white guys, it's not. One can jump to defend oneself or one can consider it's about a bigger/different issue.
    I am happy to take it offline and not bore our friends here with something completely unrelated to the Board.

tabira said:
    bassie said:
    I don't think I have. I sincerely think that I understood your nuanced use of the term "ideology". If you still think not, please care to expand on it.

No, thank you.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:
    tabira said:
    bassie said:

No, thank you.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Frank said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Electrode said:
    You would think if sex was the only issue he would have used daddy's money to just hire a pro then call it a day. But that wasn't it. He even was obsessed with winning the lottery. Unbelievable. Some people can never have enough.

I thought about the whole 'hire a pro' thing but maybe it's not all about sex, but the self-esteem that comes with a girl wanting to have sex with you because she actually likes you or finds you attractive.

If it is all just about sex, there should be safe sex health professionals like that Helen Hunt/Kevin Spacey movie that are covered by health insurance. Good ones could probably do a lot for self-esteem building too.

I think that preventive executions of self entitled assholes cruising around in luxury cars bought with their parents money would be more effective and present a much larger benefit to society.

Oh wow, the german guy that suggests preventive executions. Even if this was an attempt to being sarcastic, it just came out as a bad look.

Like I give a shit what's a bad look in your eyes or not.

Dude was an entitled, squirrely little shit who thought that life played a cruel trick on him cause the BMW mommy gave him didn't come with a trophy girlfriend just bursting with never ending love for his scrawny 50% british budget aristocrat ass.

The discussion above about how creepy little shits like this should be given some sort of sex therapy is what's really offensive here. There's no right to get laid and there's no right to be loved. There are motherfuckers out there who are just plain unlovable and the fact that even the dumbest bimbo on campus couldn't tolerate this guy's character speaks for itself.

I stand by my original statement, read this again and imagine a thick German accent:

"I think that preventive executions of self entitled assholes cruising around in luxury cars bought with their parents money would be more effective and present a much larger benefit to society than any sex therapy ever could."

Hell, the humanist in me might go as far as to offer public castration as an alternative.

ÔÇ£Girls are not machines that you put kindness into until sex falls out.ÔÇØ
    ÔÇö Porphyria RÔÇÖlyeh

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, I basically say the same thing as bassie and get attacked
    you guys are too much

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Frank said:

Hell, the humanist in me might go as far as to offer public castration as an alternative.

Glad to see you haven't gone soft with the anaesthetic though

PatrickCrazy said:
    haha, I basically say the same thing as bassie and get attacked
    you guys are too much

No.
    "Basically" saying the same thing is not close enough to include me into whatever sarcastic non-point you were trying to make.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    essence of both our posts was remove guns from the equation and you still have an unhinged individual who seemed willing and capable of doing whatever

PatrickCrazy said:
    essence of both our posts was remove guns from the equation and you still have an unhinged individual who seemed willing and capable of doing whatever

Remove guns and the scope of "doing whatever" changes drastically. I support strict gun control and have said as much in all my time on the board.

Your post was snide and vague enough to make it that you can be saying anything. Leave me out of it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    seems like even when we agree that there's somehow a disagreement
    oh well

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    oh well

bassie nailed it:

bassie said:

Your post was snide and vague enough to make it that you can be saying anything.

b/w

Aren't you a lawyer, Brian?

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    ÔÇ£Girls are not machines that you put kindness into until sex falls out.ÔÇØ
    ÔÇö Porphyria RÔÇÖlyeh

This is the crux of this particular freak's problem. Consumed by an ideology that commoditises sex and women and enraged that no one bought his "alpha male" body. It couldn't possibility be that his personality sucked. Where I diverge with some here is the idea that taking guns out of the equation, though supported, still leaves behind this ideology perfectly intact. I actually think that it weakens it to some degree. Guns and by extension violence, are part and parcel of an ideology that denies the other (Moore - "Guns don't kill people -- Americans kill people.") and commoditizes women and sex. Take that away and you remove a brick from the wall. You weaken the ideology somewhat, just how much, would be nice to find out.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    We are the arms dealing nation, the control both sides of the war in order to collect all of the profits nation, the self-styled "policeman of the world" nation, the only people to ever drop an atomic bomb on other people nation, the blow up a building of people just to take out a single file cabinet nation, the I can only hope those are cops busting down my door with guns drawn nation, the boom goes the dynamite nation, the celebrate a veteran's involvement in baby killing but only throw pills and no understanding whatsoever at his remorse for said involvement in baby killing nation, the preemptive strike nation, the destroy an entire economy just to seize assets nation, the drone strike nation, the torture nation, the depleted uranium nation...and just like clockwork, the mass shooting nation.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    We are the arms dealing nation, the control both sides of the war in order to collect all of the profits nation, the self-styled "policeman of the world" nation, the only people to ever drop an atomic bomb on other people nation, the blow up a building of people just to take out a single file cabinet nation, the I can only hope those are cops busting down my door with guns drawn nation, the boom goes the dynamite nation, the celebrate a veteran's involvement in baby killing but only throw pills and no understanding whatsoever at his remorse for said involvement in baby killing nation, the preemptive strike nation, the destroy an entire economy just to seize assets nation, the drone strike nation, the torture nation, the depleted uranium nation...and just like clockwork, the mass shooting nation.

brilliant

killed 2 million Vietnamese nation
    gave life to pol pot's genocide nation
    gave death to kissenger's indonesia genocide nation

yes shootings like this are a karmic reaction to the violence of this nation
    love it or shoot it er um leave it

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    parallax said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    oh well

bassie nailed it:

bassie said:

Your post was snide and vague enough to make it that you can be saying anything.

b/w

Aren't you a lawyer, Brian?
    what does that have to do with anything?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There are many things wrong with America but society will keep looking to blame something else besides humans being accountable for their own actions.

Our society has placed so much importance on status and material things that we have 2-3 generations of parents who put raising their kids properly near the bottom of their priority list.

Instead of love, time and attention too many parents have given their kids material things, prescription drugs and unrealistic goals.

Then when a child who is not equipped in any way to deal with these things, snaps, we want to point fingers every which way but where they belong.

Raising children, giving them the things they need to flourish and getting them help when they need it is a greater responsibility than owning a gun.

And when someone is known to have emotional or mental issues, allowing them to have a gun is a recipe for disaster.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I basically agree with Frank. The silver lining is that this psycho douche got flushed down the evolutionary toilet before reproducing. In a world where people like this weren't protected by money, he would have never made it through his first real life test. He would have imperiled the tribe with his emo-over sharing and got sent away to die from exposure; or maybe he'd be forced to realize that nobody cares about his feelings and become a man.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh gawd, not the blame any and everything on parents crutch again. Yeah, mom's should go back to staying at home and dad's should go back to spending whatever little time they had away from work beating the shit out of everyone in their home in the name of discipline. Then boys wouldn't have time to play with guns as they'd instead be spending all of their time getting their flattop haircuts maintained. Gosh, Wally...problem solved.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    kill people with nice cars so that we can eliminate the possibility of them killing people.

how tidy - you guys have all the answers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Oh gawd, not the blame any and everything on parents crutch again. Yeah, mom's should go back to staying at home and dad's should go back to spending whatever little time they had away from work beating the shit out of everyone in their home in the name of discipline. Then boys wouldn't have time to play with guns as they'd instead be spending all of their time getting their flattop haircuts maintained. Gosh, Wally...problem solved.

Yaeh dude, when Adam Lanza's mother knew her son had serious mental issues and bought him guns and took him to the firing range how the hell can we blame her.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said: