I'm tired of seeing hot chicks with losers

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
Latest US gun massacre dude w/ issues had aspergers?

Elliot Rodger had Asperger's sydrome, reports said.

Brown, the sheriff, detailed criminal activity that he said had taken place at 10 crime scenes. He said three semi-automatic handguns ??? two Sig Sauer P226s and a Glock 34 Long Slide ??? had been retrieved from the car, along with more than 400 rounds of ammunition.

Addressing a press conference, Brown said all the guns had been legally purchased from federally licensed dealers and registered to Rodger.

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    even I'M having a hard time making jokes about this

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I don't find anything funny about it* either.

* "it" being the ease of obtaining 3 automatic handguns and 400 rounds of ammunition, presumably with few questions asked.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    My son has Aspergers, just became an adult and is better adjusted and kinder than any person I've ever known.

• Yeah this wacko must have had much more serious issues than just aspergers.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Don't forget that using these assholes' names and talking about their little manifestos only serves to encourage the next one. And, unfortunately, there will be next ones.

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Yeah this wacko must have had much more serious issues than just aspergers.

Like a serious chip on his shoulder about women - hence thread title - and the motivation to write a 140 page manifesto. And yootoob vids.

Duderonomy said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Yeah this wacko must have had much more serious issues than just aspergers.

Like a serious chip on his shoulder about women - hence thread title - and the motivation to write a 140 page manifesto. And yootoob vids.

youd better not encroach on his freedom to have killing machines though .

Isn't this just a Joe Jackson scenario w/ guns?

I watched one of his vids and he comes across as an alienated, insecure adolescent - like many young adults I guess - although I'm unsure how much aspergers may have contributed to this. Some people are just not sociable, some guys are really not good with women. If he'd talked to a person instead of a camera somebody may have been able to reassure him that nobody 'hates' him. Taking it to gun rampage level is the part that's more difficult to understand.

Not going to embed, but here's a couple of his vids. The American Psycho vibes are strong in the second one.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

LaserWolf said:

Duderonomy said:
    I watched one of his vids and he comes across as an alienated, insecure adolescent - like many young adults I guess - although I'm unsure how much aspergers may have contributed to this.

The "this" in question wasn't the gun rampage.

Ill tell you how much: zero

Much more insidious: advertising strategies, media norms and peer pressure,

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    You would think if sex was the only issue he would have used daddy's money to just hire a pro then call it a day. But that wasn't it. He even was obsessed with winning the lottery. Unbelievable. Some people can never have enough.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Political thread

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:
    Political thread

Bro, post more skittle-coloured basketball shoes while wearing your cape and KIM.

Anyway, I agree with Skel that Asperger's had nothing to do with it. Marketing and media shape impressionable minds.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Electrode said:
    You would think if sex was the only issue he would have used daddy's money to just hire a pro then call it a day. But that wasn't it. He even was obsessed with winning the lottery. Unbelievable. Some people can never have enough.

I thought about the whole 'hire a pro' thing but maybe it's not all about sex, but the self-esteem that comes with a girl wanting to have sex with you because she actually likes you or finds you attractive.

If it is all just about sex, there should be safe sex health professionals like that Helen Hunt/Kevin Spacey movie that are covered by health insurance. Good ones could probably do a lot for self-esteem building too.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Electrode said:

I thought about the whole 'hire a pro' thing but maybe it's not all about sex, but the self-esteem that comes with a girl wanting to have sex with you because she actually likes you or finds you attractive.

If it is all just about sex, there should be safe sex health professionals like that Helen Hunt/Kevin Spacey movie that are covered by health insurance. Good ones could probably do a lot for self-esteem building too.

I think that preventive executions of self entitled assholes cruising around in luxury cars bought with their parents money would be more effective and present a much larger benefit to society.

michael moore:

"With due respect to those who are asking me to comment on last night's tragic mass shooting at UCSB in Isla Vista, CA -- I no longer have anything to say about what is now part of normal American life. Everything I have to say about this, I said it 12 years ago: We are a people easily manipulated by fear which causes us to arm ourselves with a quarter BILLION guns in our homes that are often easily accessible to young people, burglars, the mentally ill and anyone who momentarily snaps. We are a nation founded in violence, grew our borders through violence, and allow men in power to use violence around the world to further our so-called American (corporate) "interests." The gun, not the eagle, is our true national symbol. While other countries have more violent pasts (Germany, Japan), more guns per capita in their homes (Canada [mostly hunting guns]), and the kids in most other countries watch the same violent movies and play the same violent video games that our kids play, no one even comes close to killing as many of its own citizens on a daily basis as we do -- and yet we don't seem to want to ask ourselves this simple question: "Why us? What is it about US?" Nearly all of our mass shootings are by angry or disturbed white males. None of them are committed by the majority gender, women. Hmmm, why is that? Even when 90% of the American public calls for stronger gun laws, Congress refuses -- and then we the people refuse to remove them from office. So the onus is on us, all of us. We won't pass the necessary laws, but more importantly we won't consider why this happens here all the time. When the NRA says, "Guns don't kill people -- people kill people," they've got it half-right. Except I would amend it to this: "Guns don't kill people -- Americans kill people." Enjoy the rest of your day, and rest assured this will all happen again very soon."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whew yeah if we got rid of those evil guns those three stabbed to death might still be alive

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Frank said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Electrode said:

I think that preventive executions of self entitled assholes cruising around in luxury cars bought with their parents money would be more effective and present a much larger benefit to society.

Oh wow, the german guy that suggests preventive executions. Even if this was an attempt to being sarcastic, it just came out as a bad look.

PatrickCrazy said:
    whew yeah if we got rid of those evil guns those three stabbed to death might still be alive

leave it to a stooge like you to make the highly developed conclusion that because knives can also kill people, guns should be available to a person with a lifetime of psychological maladies. you are the carpet in front of a toilet to me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

leave it to a stooge like you to make the highly developed conclusion that because knives can also kill people, guns should be available to a person with a lifetime of psychological maladies. you are the carpet in front of a toilet to me.
    don't know where i said anything about guns being available to people with head issues but go head on drawing the conclusions you want to

like we dont know about your stupid ass

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think i've ever claimed to be

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think anyone mentioned anything

PatrickCrazy said:
    don't think i honored anyone,

PatrickCrazy said:
    must have been after i stopped reading

PatrickCrazy said:
    where was i arguing anything?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you disagree with me that much either ignore or cut the personal attacks unless it really is about shoving your opinion down someone's throat

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    What a fucking child...

Duderonomy said:

+1

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    michael moore:

"With due respect to those who are asking me to comment on last night's tragic mass shooting at UCSB in Isla Vista, CA -- I no longer have anything to say about what is now part of normal American life. Everything I have to say about this, I said it 12 years ago: We are a people easily manipulated by fear which causes us to arm ourselves with a quarter BILLION guns in our homes that are often easily accessible to young people, burglars, the mentally ill and anyone who momentarily snaps. We are a nation founded in violence, grew our borders through violence, and allow men in power to use violence around the world to further our so-called American (corporate) "interests." The gun, not the eagle, is our true national symbol. While other countries have more violent pasts (Germany, Japan), more guns per capita in their homes (Canada [mostly hunting guns]), and the kids in most other countries watch the same violent movies and play the same violent video games that our kids play, no one even comes close to killing as many of its own citizens on a daily basis as we do -- and yet we don't seem to want to ask ourselves this simple question: "Why us? What is it about US?" Nearly all of our mass shootings are by angry or disturbed white males. None of them are committed by the majority gender, women. Hmmm, why is that? Even when 90% of the American public calls for stronger gun laws, Congress refuses -- and then we the people refuse to remove them from office. So the onus is on us, all of us. We won't pass the necessary laws, but more importantly we won't consider why this happens here all the time. When the NRA says, "Guns don't kill people -- people kill people," they've got it half-right. Except I would amend it to this: "Guns don't kill people -- Americans kill people."

Face it, a frightening number of Americans are just some of the the most die hard ideological people on the planet. Even Russia could throw off marxism when it obviously wasn't working, but no amount of bumbling "well I'm not sure but lets give it a try" pragmatism can penetrate that shiny steel-topped, abolutist paranoia à la "from my cold dead hands". Steady as she sinks.

vintageinfants said:
    "Enjoy the rest of your day, and rest assured this will all happen again very soon."
    As James-Aurora-Holmes might say "Coming to a theater near you soon"

• vintageinfants said:
    When the NRA says, "Guns don't kill people -- people kill people," they've got it half-right. Except I would amend it to this: "Guns don't kill people -- Americans kill people."

This basically sums it up.

Why does this almost never happen in Europe? Or other countries with high percentage of gun ownership among the population?

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    vintageinfants said:
    When the NRA says, "Guns don't kill people -- people kill people," they've got it half-right. Except I would amend it to this: "Guns don't kill people -- Americans kill people."

This basically sums it up.

Why does this almost never happen in Europe? Or other countries with high percentage of gun ownership among the population?

that's why when Americans make fun of Canadians we both walk away laughing, only for very different reasons.