"I Love That Sample, Volume 2" - Big Stacks

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited February 2016 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,

I made a follow-up mix to "I Love That Sample" yesterday (Volume 2). It contains 78 minutes of songs I like that have been sampled in hip-hop joints over the years. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• KidProcrassKidProcrass 107 Posts
    Can't wait to listen to this after the habs bruins game. Your mixes are always :killin_it:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    KidProcrass said:
    Can't wait to listen to this after the habs bruins game. Your mixes are always :killin_it:

Thanks, KidProcrass!!! I hope you enjoy the new mix.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    thanks Big Stacks!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    thanks Big Stacks!

You're welcome, man. I hope you enjoy it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. A playlist would be nice.

• CrucialWaxCrucialWax 23 Posts
    Played this at the shop last night and had more than a few people ask what it was. Great mix, Stacks.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    stax, i looove the photo tracklisting!! awesome

Hey,

Finelikewine, CrucialWax, and TripleDouble, I thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you listening to the mix, and I hope you guys (and everyone) enjoy it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

meaning the circular photo tracklisting. very creative and not completely revealing (which is good)
    love "Louie" so much

tripledouble said:
    meaning the circular photo tracklisting. very creative and not completely revealing (which is good)
    love "Louie" so much

Yes Tripledouble, I appreciate the kudos. I love cover art, so I like displaying the covers to have the listeners trying to figure out what the LPs are. It forces investigation and learning, which are good things in the record gripping game. Yes, "Louie" is that joint!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

oooh...just got up to melvin sparks. one of my alltime favorites!!!

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Nice mix Big Stacks!

I missed Vol. 1 so for anyone else who did as well, here is the link: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/Mixes/indepth/i_love_that_sample/

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Awesome mix Stacks, thanks for sharing!

Hey Cai and Asstro,

I thank you for your kind words and for listening. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the mix.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Really nice mix.

No thrills or spills just good music shining through.

Thanks Big Stacks.

badder_than_evil said:
    Really nice mix.

No thrills or spills just good music shining through.

Thanks Big Stacks.

Thanks, Badder_than_Evil!!! I appreciate your kind words, my man. I'm glad you enjoyed the mix.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

serch4beatz said:

Hey Serch4beatz,

I thank you for your kind endorsement, and for checking out the mix. I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Top shelf as usual. :feelin_it:

stratasphere said:
    Top shelf as usual. :feelin_it:

Thanks, Stratasphere!!! You are too kind, and I'm glad you enjoyed the music. Thanks for listening.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Quite enjoyed listening to your mix, Stacks.

And here is my latest offering...

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ^^ dude you should create a thread and put all these in it, i like listening to these, but by the end of the month i'll never remember that you posted this in here...

just a suggestion, not that you were looking for one...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    ^^ dude you should create a thread and put all these in it, i like listening to these, but by the end of the month i'll never remember that you posted this in here...

just a suggestion, not that you were looking for one...

Thank you. I had a thread going but abandoned it as to not be harping so deliberately on the LOOK AT ME tip.

HarveyCanal said:
    Quite enjoyed listening to your mix, Stacks.

Thanks, Harv, for your kind words and for listening. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak