2013 Gathering of the Juggalos

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
feels like they aren't putting much heart into this compared with the bombast of past years:

swollen members representing canada!!

edit: this is so boring, don;t waste your time. i'm going to try and repurpose this thread...

Comments

• But... but....

Rahzel is performing, as is Vanilla Ice AND there are 4 (count 'em) Love trains.

I don't think I'll be able to make it, this year (or any other year) but I'm intrigued anyways.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I am constantly perplexed/fascinated by Juggalos. That series of interviews with ICP about god and whatnot was amazing, plus that song about magnets and magic.

this is a pretty good doc, not that it clarifies anything:

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Bucket list.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    How come they don't embrace EDM? Would be a perfect match, wouldn't it?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    How come they don't embrace EDM? Would be a perfect match, wouldn't it?

I actually did about 20 minutes of iPhone research last night of the gathering and was going to say that it does embrace EDM to an extent - Afroman played there within the last few years. But then this morning I realized I was mixing up Afrojack with the one-hit-wonder who made "Because I Got High." I don't know which is the worse artist. Also, Wikipedia says the Ohio county where this is taking place is one of the state's poorest, which is true only if you consider the No. 33 or so "poorest" of Ohio's 80+ counties. It's pretty middling to me.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    soulstrut excursion!!! lets do it!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

pretty eclectic mix. all shitty, but a pretty varied lineup.