Fans Of Thin Lizzy

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
Coming this Fall on Kinda Lost Records will be an LP from the Irish band Cromwell.

Definite Lizzy vibes with a dual lead guitar attack and a vocalist who tends to channel Phil at times.

Here's a taste......

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Are you the person that's handling the reissue?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Are you the person that's handling the reissue?

I'm not involved with the release other than writing a blurb for the label owner as I think the LP is really good.

• An Irish band named Cromwell is sort of like an Israeli band named Hitler.

But I'll check them out.

(Later)

Can't see it. Nowhere near Lizzy's league.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    I see it.
    I like it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Definitely hearing Shsdes of Bell-era Lizzy in here.
    Hearing no hint of Phil in the vocal or the song structure - there's just not enough change or panache on display.

Strangely, there are stylistic echoes of the post-73 Lizzy (descending bass run a la Massacre, drum patterns reminiscent of Black Rose/Sarah)

I'm ready to believe Phil borrowed some of this for later Lizzy.

All that said, it's not anywhere near being in the same league, and how very very dare you etc etc etc

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's rare to hear any band that has anything resembling the Thin Lizzy style and none I've heard are "in their league".

• Rockadelic said:
    It's rare to hear any band that has anything resembling the Thin Lizzy style and none I've heard are "in their league".

True. No other band has Phil Lynott's voice.

Lizzy also had a little folk in the mix and a way with a hook that few could match. "Whiskey In The Jar" is as good as anything rock has produced.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Copped Jailbreak on RSD.