The most underrated Beatles track is...

2»

Comments

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bump

upon reflection it has to be this one. Amazing that this was a B side. Their most soulful track by far, thanks in part to Mr Preston.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Considering how virtually every kid in the 60s had all of their albums and knew them front to back (and all released in what, a 7-year period?), I have to agree with the idea that there are no underrated Beatles songs. Now, The Stones, with their larger output over a much longer period???too long for anyone to have that same "I-was-young-the-whole-time-they-were-together-and-know-all-of-their-songs-by-heart-because-I'm young-and-listen-to-music-ad-nauseum" connection with the entire catalog???they could have some sleepers.

This.

Which makes this thread a Beatles appreciation thread.

I appreciate Hey Bulldog for being more psych and less well known than most of their titles.
    I appreciate Don't Let Me Down.
    I appreciate their song writing, but She Loves You is not years ahead of Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry.
    I appreciate Helter Skelter, I will stick with the lp version followed by the live version.
    I appreciate Rain, Ringo's favorite Beatles song.
    I appreciate Harrison's songs. And Ringo's.

b/w
    Who are your top 5 Beatles?

• gareth said:
    edith head said:
    Long, Long, Long

Yes. Right here.

This is on some Top 10 overall Beatles shit. Hell, some Top 10 Songs Ever Written shit.

This song is such a killer.

Charlie Manson loved it. It was one of the big Family hits.

He was supposed to be "you."

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    her majesty

I MEAN ITS NOT EVEN LISTED ON SOME LABELS AND AND COVERS FER CHRISSAKES

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

Who are your top 5 Beatles?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if I got any pushback on this...

Edit: Sorry, I think I'm subconsciously trying to propel myself toward my 1000th poast today...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    lionel richie hawtin said:

goes hard and shits all over the album version

There is a reason this track didn't make the cut. The album version would be going hard. This is on some white boy blues stuff.