Anyone ever been to one of the festivals in Croatia?

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
This year I'm planning to go to one of the great festivals which are happening on the seaside of croatia.
I love the fact that during the day a lot of parties are happening on boats on the adreatic sea.
I'm not sure to which one, because all the lineups are great.
I'll either go to the Dimensions, Garden and/or Electric Elephant Festival.
Has anyone already attended on of these and can speak on them?
Is it expensive to stay there for one week?

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    heres a short summary. i ve played on all of them, this year it ll be electric elephant and dimensions. cant fix anymore guestlist though.

-dimensions has the sickest lineup, and is the closest to something like melt in germany, only much much much better, crowd is the youngest and usually 50% brits and 50% others. the site is spectacular but personally i prefer the smaller festivals.

-garden is the most "hipster" out of the smaller ones. younger crowd, good lineup but not the whole week, some stuff doesnt really interest me much.

-electric elephant is the "connaissour" one i would think - really good house, disco and beyond. bit older crowd. had a good time there fe yaers back.

-suncebeat is the more "soulful" one. this sounds right on paper and the lineup can be amazing, but after a whole week with soulful house you sometimes wish for something more. that said, the crowd is open and they love disco, soul etc.. its probably the most "soulstrut" kind of crowd haha.

hope this helps. if u decide to go to electric elephant gimme a shout. i ll be there for 3 days i think.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Hey D*****,

I was hoping that you chime in, when I've seen you on the lineup.
    Thanks for your remarks. Being the hipster that I am, I think I'll most
    likely go to the Garden festival plus the Electric Elephant Festival afterwards.
    I prefer the more intimate and smaller festivals these days. I wasn't aware at all
    about the suncebeat festival until you mentioned it. Looks great as well, but I think
    I can't stand so much soulful house. It would be great having a beer together at the Electric
    Elephant festival! I'm looking forward to it.