NCAA marchmadness2014

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited March 2014 in Strut Central
I made two brackets, 1 of them I spent hours processing and tweaking, the other one I set a timer for 3 minutes and just fired away on. both of them had the gators taking it all.

who've you got? what's your upset? is there a cinderella? what's your alma mater?

GO!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My pick to win - Michigan

The team I'll be rooting for - Iowa State

Unexpected team that will go far - Stephen F. Austin

First #1 Seed to exit - Wichita State

Five(6) players to watch - Doug McDermott - Creighton
    Isaiah Austin/Cory Jefferson - Baylor
    Andrew Wiggins - Kansas
    Jordan McCrae - Tennessee
    TJ Warren - NC State

Best player in the Tourney you never heard of - Cameron Bairstow - New Mexico

My Alma Mater is the only school to win the NCAA & the NIT Tournaments in the same year.

• Rockadelic said:
    My Alma Mater is the only school to win the NCAA & the NIT Tournaments in the same year.

And the next year 7 players were arrested in one of the worst point-shaving scandals in sports history.

b/w

Coached by Nat Holman.

• LazarusOblong said:
    Rockadelic said:

And the next year 7 players were arrested in one of the worst point-shaving scandals in sports history.

b/w

Coached by Nat Holman.

And the city of NYC was kind of iced out of the NCAA after that- returning to MSG this year for the first time since 1961.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fully expecting the Longhorns to lose to Arizona State.

Also expecting Oklahoma, UMass, St. Louis, Ohio State, UConn, and Oregon to lose in what I still call the 1st round.

Rockadelic said:
    My pick to win - Michigan

Really? You sure you didn't mean Michigan State?

• vintageinfants said:

Dallas Ennema played against this guy in the play-in game:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/players/89142/index.html

"Rashad Whack" in case you don't want to click.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    2nd best defense in the nation. SAN DIEGO STATE, LET'S GO.

damn, they play some beautiful basketball.....
    The team I'll be rooting for - Iowa State

Really....funny names and point shaving scandals is all y'all have to offer here.....this is the greatest sporting event of the year...pitiful.

• Rockadelic said:
    Really....funny names and point shaving scandals is all y'all have to offer here.....this is the greatest sporting event of the year...pitiful.

i've got michigan and florida going the distance. florida has looked like the stronger two way team with a half decent schedule for proving ground.

if i start a cbs pool, who woul dbe in for $20? $50? brackets lock up when, tomorrow morning?

• i set up a group on the CBS site. let me know if you want in and we'll decide how much we want to throw down on it.

http://soulstrut.mayhem.cbssports.com/e?ttag=BPM14_paste_cbsinv

password: "ssmarchmadness"

DEADLINE FOR BRACKET COMPLETION IS TOMORROW (THURS) @ 11AM

• Rockadelic said:

Almost as pitiful as a guy from Bruce Springsteen country adopting "y'all."

b/w

Brandon Weeden 2015!

I'm going Spartans but haven't picked a winner in years. Didn't even do a bracket this year. But I do love the tourney.

vintageinfants said:
    i set up a group on the CBS site. let me know if you want in and we'll decide how much we want to throw down on it.

http://soulstrut.mayhem.cbssports.com/e?ttag=BPM14_paste_cbsinv

password: "ssmarchmadness"

DEADLINE FOR BRACKET COMPLETION IS TOMORROW (THURS) @ 11AM

Done....we'll figure out a prize down the road.

• looks like only 3 of us got our brackets in on time.

how are we going to do this; $25, $50, $100?

who is RG?

vintageinfants said:
    looks like only 3 of us got our brackets in on time.

who is RG?

Yo. That's me.

I'd prefer to put up a record instead of cash.

• HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:

who is RG?

Yo. That's me.

i'm completely down for that, but i should mention that shipping to canada is always (inexplicably) a lot more expensive. i guess we'll just be malleable about it, record or cash value kind of thing. i'm okay with either. it would just be easier for me to email the loot, in the event i dont win.

vintageinfants said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:

who is RG?

Yo. That's me.

i'm completely down for that, but i should mention that shipping to canada is always (inexplicably) a lot more expensive. i guess we'll just be malleable about it, record or cash value kind of thing. i'm okay with either. it would just be easier for me to email the loot, in the event i dont win.

Well, if you want to send me cash, that's fine. I'm just short on cash and long on records right now.

• i watched him during tournament time and he looked really good, but Talib Zanna is BEAST for pittsburgh down low and on the glass. unreal thumping of an "upset".

i think this is one of the most mis-leading years of seed choices i've seen in recent memory.

• vintageinfants said:
    i think this is one of the most mis-leading years of seed choices i've seen in recent memory.

I think seeding has been random and problematical for awhile.

That Harvard win today is being called an "upset" but was totally unsurprising.

• the perfect bracket challenge cleaved 81% of applicants after the first game and has only 0.2% of people still rolling with a perfect bracket after day one.

I think Dayton and NDst helped out with that.

• Rockadelic said:

wow

Rockadelic said:

Five(6) players to watch - Doug McDermott - Creighton - 30 pts/12 reb
    Isaiah Austin/Cory Jefferson - Baylor - 29 pts / 13 rebs
    Andrew Wiggins - Kansas 19 pts
    Jordan McCrae - Tennessee - 21 pts
    TJ Warren - NC State - 28 pts / 12 reb

• This is by far my favorite time of year. I loved watching Duke getting upset. I got Louisville repeating. SF Austin is a fun team to watch. I like what they did against VCU. Best PG still in the tournament (to me) Russ Smith, Shabazz Napier, Marcus Paige.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    countmacula said:
    This is by far my favorite time of year. I loved watching Duke getting upset. I got Louisville repeating. SF Austin is a fun team to watch. I like what they did against VCU. Best PG still in the tournament (to me) Russ Smith, Shabazz Napier, Marcus Paige.

Hey,

This has been a great NCAA tournament thus far. There have been a number of nail-biter games, and I'm feeling the relative parity across programs; however, the seedings have been real and I think some programs (i.e., the bigger ones) are playing underclassmen too young. Those smaller schools that have more mature, better developed upperclassmen are playing circles around the larger schools. Experience matters greatly, particularly during execution down the stretch.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Totally agree. The seeding was suspect. Wichita St got screwed in their bracket. They also disrespected a few teams by seeding them too low (Louisville and Kentucky). It is nice to see in College basketball that in the era of "1 and done" 3/4 of the #1 seeds there is no true NBA lottery pick.

Go heels!!!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    countmacula said:
    Totally agree. The seeding was suspect. Wichita St got screwed in their bracket. They also disrespected a few teams by seeding them too low (Louisville and Kentucky). It is nice to see in College basketball that in the era of "1 and done" 3/4 of the #1 seeds there is no true NBA lottery pick.

Go heels!!!!

Hey Count,

It's nice to see that good squads are playing team ball. By the way, I'm glad the heels bit the dust. I hate those motherfuckers and I'm from NC (but grew up in MD). I have always found suspect ACC teams to be overrated in the top-25 polls (all the way back to when Uwe Blab and the Hoosiers sonned the 'Heels in '84). I think they were ranked #1 that year too (yeah, right).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Kentucky out-talented that Wichita team. They were bigger at every position. It's just not fair.

That dude Early on Wichita St. is kinda nice though.

Rockadelic said:

First #1 Seed to exit - Wichita State