??????? Hey Raj

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
Hey Raj,
I use firefox and a pc.
I keep seeing a question mark followed by 2 question marks inside black diamonds.
???????

I think I see these where ever there should be quotation marks or an apostrophe.

Comments

• Ditto for me.

Also, my old bookmark for the Strut Central forum doesn't work anymore (I just get a weird error message), I have to go through the main page now.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yup, me too. Plus older classifieds threads are searchable, but are blank.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    yup, having the same problem here, check the attached pic

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Even the url for the forum now has a question mark

www.soulstrut.com/?/forums/viewforum/2/

So many question marks.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Ditto for me.

Also, my old bookmark for the Strut Central forum doesn't work anymore (I just get a weird error message), I have to go through the main page now.

Ditto for me.

• I can't log out suddenly. Since yesterday...

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    same , on my bookmark I get "No input file specified. "

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    same here
    I also am unable to access the site from my iphone.

• I had to rebookmark because the old one of many years busted

And I'm seeing boxes

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    cove said:
    same here
    I also am unable to access the site from my iphone.

Are you using a bookmark? You'll have to change it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    You guys are seriously complaining about an old book mark not working? Just make a new one. I just did it in less time that it's taking to type a post. It's a free site for god sakes. Raj can't do everything for you.

• Greamlins aren't workin'

I NEED GREAMLINS all I get is "No input file specified. "

Hemol is crashin the site , don't let him drown the dog Raj! Ol Yeller may got fleas but he still has wag.

• Don't listen to 'em, Raj. They're all drunk.

b/w

???????uminati.

• volumen said:
    You guys are seriously complaining about an old book mark not working? Just make a new one. I just did it in less time that it's taking to type a post. It's a free site for god sakes. Raj can't do everything for you.

Nobody's complaining, we're letting him know that something is up with his site because he might be vaguely interested to know.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    volumen said:

It sounds like you're having issues with the site as well because there are a few different glitches listed in this thread, not just bookmarks not working.

I also can't access the site on my phone, I also see the question mark and black diamonds and am seeing this in the Classifieds posts: {classifieds_body} - nothing else.
    I changed my bookmark over the weekend and it only worked today. Manual url was hit and miss.
    I've got a PC and Google Chrome combo.

I blame Hemol.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ????? on IE 8

The server SS was on was slowly dying so I moved. The new one does not support Path_Info. Hence the ??? and the bookmarks fucking up. Things should me straight soon.

As for the diamonds and ????, I was moving data around for a resign and accidentally deleted database info and had to reimport from the Mac style encoding csv causing a question mark shit storm.

:crazy:

Graemlins working?

Graemlins working? No.
    In fast reply I hit smileys and it opens the front page.

Only if you hit reply, instead of fast reply, do you get gremlins.

• :dominoes: :off_the_wall: :necessary:

:beerbang:

{From the Fast Reply)

:feelin_it:

bassie said:
    volumen said:

It sounds like you're having issues with the site as well because there are a few different glitches listed in this thread, not just bookmarks not working.

I also can't access the site on my phone, I also see the question mark and black diamonds and am seeing this in the Classifieds posts: {classifieds_body} - nothing else.
    I changed my bookmark over the weekend and it only worked today. Manual url was hit and miss.
    I've got a PC and Google Chrome combo.

I blame Hemol.

I'm actually not having any issues but I blame Hemol too. I access Soul Strut on 2 different PC's, an iMac desk top and and iPhone and everything is fine and my bookmarks have worked for years. I just tried making a new one earlier to see if I would even have an issue. I know from history Raj has to move the site servers a lot so I don't really worry about little stuff. No biggie.

Horseleech said:
    volumen said:

Nobody's complaining, we're letting him know that something is up with his site because he might be vaguely interested to know.

I understand the font issues, but the large amount of bookmark reports are silly. Sites are always move servers and updated so expecting you same book mark to work for years is ridiculous. Just make a new updated on and be done with it. Plus my multi-year old bookmarks are still working so chances are it's Chrome or IE which are always a pain.

• volumen said:
    Horseleech said:
    volumen said:

I understand the font issues, but the large amount of bookmark reports are silly. Sites are always move servers and updated so expecting you same book mark to work for years is ridiculous. Just make a new updated on and be done with it.

I figured that out professor, thanks.

Again, that's wasn't the point of these posts at all. And I don't know what your experience is, but I haven't had these issues with any of my other bookmarks. Folks were just commenting on an obvious change in the site, don't know why that bothers you so much.

• I've heard of prickly pears, but now there's a prickly Pope.

All good now for me.