Jazz Records For Children?

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
Stark Reality is, supposedly, for children.

I was just listening to Children or All Ages - Just Might Grow Up To Be Sages. Another one that is either supposed to be for children or just has infantile lyrics. (Good Though!)

What are some other cool jazz records that are, or pretend to be, for children.
Please nothing that condescends to kids.

I can't remember how the other COAA records sound.

Comments

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    M'Boom

and that Marsalis Charlie Brown joint

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Jimmy Smith - Peter & the Wolf

Don't know if this originally targeted at children but I played it to my not yet three old son, after we had been listening to the OG Prokoviev-version uncounted times. He liked it very much. Probably gave him a sense of what a remake or remix can be and that there are many different approaches to a well known musical theme.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    This compilation is pretty good:
    Jazz For Kids: Sing, Clap, Wiggle, And Shake ~ Various Artists http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001KAA86/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_.Q9.sb1QX4C9W

The Book+CD series "Baby Loves Jazz" by Andy Blackman Hurwitz contains some gold. Unfortunately, I thought the vocal ones with Sharon Jones are the weakest (though not because of her) but some are really great, such a a the colors of jazz.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    this Bruce Haack song has kind of a jazz vibe to it

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks guys. Never gave the Jimmy Smith a listen. Never seen the Jon Hendricks, I would snatch that up. Love the Fred Rogers.