London Battle Rap

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
http://jezebel.com/watch-a-judge-stop-this-rap-battle-after-mc-threatens-t-1521828649?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm not even concerned with the controversial element here. But the scene itself...and how horrendously bad the raps...again, what is in y'all's water over there?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Harvey reads jezebel

• very weak rapping.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    That was goddamn awful...the DJ's effects were hilarious.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Harvey, thanks for reinging us once again that the US is the city upon a hill, the whole world should Look up to when comes to rap music. How can other nations even dare to have a take on it?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Organized rap battles in the US are also the pits. Well, nowhere near as bad as the one above. But to me, it's the London crowd that makes it funny. They're acting as if they're actually watching David fight Goliath.

finelikewine said:
    Harvey, thanks for reinging us once again that the US is the city upon a hill, the whole world should Look up to when comes to rap music. How can other nations even dare to have a take on it?

An actual take would be refreshing. In fact, I love many of those takes...predominantly from non-English speaking sources. For instance, Haitian rap is the lick and then some. I can even say I've heard German rap that I liked. But this ish here has PLAESE TO STOP written all over it. If you bother to listen, I'm sure even you will agree.

IMO the 3 Euro dudes at the beginning of this are off the chain i.e. exhibit actual rapping skill...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    http://jezebel.com/watch-a-judge-stop-this-rap-battle-after-mc-threatens-t-1521828649?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm not even concerned with the controversial element here. But the scene itself...and how horrendously bad the raps...again, what is in y'all's water over there?

Even worse.

• Just skimmed through the video - isn't that supposed to be bad?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    2 mins of adds

:lol:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Unwatchable.

The battle rap circuit is like one big 2-for-1 drinks specials improv comedy night at a mid-to-low-level college student union. It makes me laugh to think there are people who genuinely believe this to be the purest expression of the artform in existence.