The Brothers Of Soul

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Is there a full length available, or just the 45 on Boo, etc?

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Is there a full length available, or just the 45s on Boo, etc?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I've never seen it, but apparently the did have an album on Boo, according to a friend of mine who has to be the biggest B.O.S. fan going.

They had several singles on Boo, and there's a CD compilation on Collectables, built around "I Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser," their big hit.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I've never seen it, but apparently the did have an album on Boo, according to a friend of mine who has to be the biggest B.O.S. fan going.

They had several singles on Boo, and there's a CD compilation on Collectables, built around "I Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser," their big hit.

Yeah, I just got that CD in the mail the other day. That's why I'm so curious. I NEED the rest of these tracks on wax!

*Photocopied note from seller: "I want to thank you for your order. You'll have to excuse my writing. I'm on disability and my hands are messed up pretty bad..."

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    there's an interesting article about Fred Bridges out of BOS at soulfuldetroit.com - they don't seem to have moved onto the part of the story where he relocates to Chicago & forms BOS tho.

"Try it Babe" on Shock is my jam. "...if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it babe..."

---

there's an interesting article about Fred Bridges out of BOS at soulfuldetroit.com - they don't seem to have moved onto the part of the story where he relocates to Chicago & forms BOS tho.

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out.

"Try it Babe" on Shock is my jam. "...if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it babe..."

---

This song has been on repeat ALL DAY.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yeah Bob Eaton actually was out here for some time doing work as well (or so ive been told). mostly writing songs for people and working in studios. he recorded stuff on Galaxy (local Blues/Soul label but put records out from folks not local as well). bridges knight and eaton... those boys were bad.

BOS is dope and ive never heard of an LP.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    "Dream" is real dope too. And Come On BACK of course... only one I havent heard is "I'd Be Grateful"/"Wait For Me".... need to hear dem

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    yeah Bob Eaton actually was out here for some time doing work as well (or so ive been told). mostly writing songs for people and working in studios. he recorded stuff on Galaxy (local Blues/Soul label but put records out from folks not local as well).

Galaxy was distributed by Fantasy and released quite a few Chicago records, including the B.O.S., Bobby Rush, and Bill Coday.

"Dream" is real dope too. And Come On BACK of course... only one I havent heard is "I'd Be Grateful"/"Wait For Me".... need to hear dem

I'd Be Grateful

"Wait For Me" is a slower number... But, the above would more than enough reason to cop.

Hi Meaty!

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    Fantastic group-one of my all times! Although they were from Detroit they spent time in chicago and wrote a grip of stuff for chicago artists-see: RUBY ANDREWS on Zodiac. They also recorded under the name the CREATIONS with an earlier version of 'dream' and the burnin 'footsteps' on the B.
    Son Buns

• Nobody has mentioned that Brothers of Soul is the same as Bob & Fred, whose impressive effort on Detroit's Big Mack label is major bread. I've been told that they continued to live in the D while working with Ruby Andrews and company, but this could be hearsay. Bobby Eaton also produced Angelo Bond's first group, The Majestees, on their only release, a fairly scarce group soul outing on Inkster, Michigan's Mutt label. This info is from Bond himself and may or may not be contradicted by the actual information on the label.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Another knowledgeable Chicago strutter emerges. You other cities are making it too easy.

File under: "Peep Game"