Buy Backs (Drinkin' Related)

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DJ Donations.......game over.

• Bar local to my shop raised drink prices and bosses told all the bartenders to stop comping. If I'm the only dude in there with the main guy I might get one. But otherwise nah. So I don't even go anymore. I stopped in the other night and it was like $30 for two drinks. Fuck outta here with that shit.

I kind of get that they're flush in dumb college kids and running a business in NYC ain't cheap, but I was a reliable dub every few days and also sent other people their way. no more.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Bar local to my shop raised drink prices and bosses told all the bartenders to stop comping. If I'm the only dude in there with the main guy I might get one. But otherwise nah. So I don't even go anymore. I stopped in the other night and it was like $30 for two drinks. Fuck outta here with that shit.

I kind of get that they're flush in dumb college kids and running a business in NYC ain't cheap, but I was a reliable dub every few days and also sent other people their way. no more.

Dang.....Long Island Iced Tees are 15 a pop??? :hi:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Bar local to my shop raised drink prices and bosses told all the bartenders to stop comping. If I'm the only dude in there with the main guy I might get one. But otherwise nah. So I don't even go anymore. I stopped in the other night and it was like $30 for two drinks. Fuck outta here with that shit.

The place across the street?! If I recall, it didn't look like it cost $30 to decorate the place. I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    I wonder how many people think your name is DJ Donations. Is it? I feel content knowing this information.

Biggest laugh I have had on the Strut in a long time.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    LokoOne said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey
    Those Hennessey side cars are the business. :real_headz:

Horseleech said:
    Always tip on the comped drink. there's no legitimate reason not to.

Cosign on both

Yo Stacks - sugar rim or no sugar rim?

Hey Loko,

Usually, I get mine with the sugar rim. How about you?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I tend to go half rim or none. Have you tried any Sidecar twists using calvados? They go down a treat!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Loko,

No, I haven't. I'll have to add that to my list. Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Controller_7 said:
    I wonder how many people think your name is DJ Donations. Is it? I feel content knowing this information.

Biggest laugh I have had on the Strut in a long time.

Gator needs to embrace his new DJ moniker.

b/w

Comp drinks:
    My younger brother has been a barman/bar manager his whole working life. For reasons that I do not understand, my brother is very forgiving.

• Duderonomy said:

Gator needs to embrace his new DJ moniker.

I will, hoping to establish a reputation for profiting off of my own back.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    batmon said:
    Does your local spot participate in buybacks?

I was drinkin at my local close to the job bar the bill had me pay for 3 outta 5 glasses of tap joints.

Old dude in the diner this morning said it was mandatory in the 70's & 80's.

I recall this fading in the earl/mid-90s sometime.

If your a regular, I'd bet the bartenders take care of ya.

it's funny, when i go back to boston from nyc, the lack of buybacks... it's illegal to do so there, so if you get one, you know it's special...

it's def fading in nyc in non-neighborhood joints... like if i go to the local irish bar to watch a game, i know i'm paying for 3 and getting 4, but any type of manhattan lounge that is less than 10 years old, i'm assuming i'm getting nothing for free...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    batmon said:
    Does your local spot participate in buybacks?

I was drinkin at my local close to the job bar the bill had me pay for 3 outta 5 glasses of tap joints.

Old dude in the diner this morning said it was mandatory in the 70's & 80's.

I recall this fading in the earl/mid-90s sometime.

If your a regular, I'd bet the bartenders take care of ya.

it's funny, when i go back to boston from nyc, the lack of buybacks... it's illegal to do so there, so if you get one, you know it's special...

it's def fading in nyc in non-neighborhood joints... like if i go to the local irish bar to watch a game, i know i'm paying for 3 and getting 4, but any type of manhattan lounge that is less than 10 years old, i'm assuming i'm getting nothing for free...

Yeah, the concept of a buyback was new to me in NYC. There's also no such thing as happy hour in Boston, again, because it's illegal.

• And that reminds me of a good joke. Which isn't as much good as it is long and old.

Three guys sitting in O'Malley's Bar.

First Guy: "Boy's, O'Malleys sure is the best, for every two beers you buy, old O'Malley buys you one."

Second Guy:"No, O'Grady's is the best. Every time you buy a beer, O'Grady buys you one right back."

Third Guy: "No, O'Looney's is the best. I heard that at O'Looney's they buy you free beers all night. And then, at the end of the night, they take you into the back room and get you laid!"

First and Second Guy: "Wow. That sounds amazing, where did you hear about this?"

Third Guy: "My sister told me about it."

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip your bartender.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    GatorToof said:

I will, hoping to establish a reputation for profiting off of my own BAT.

:hijack:
    Fixed.