• LazarusOblong said:
    What a colossal waste. RIP.

MAGNOLIA

BOOGIE NIGHTS

PUNCH DRUNK LOVE

• LazarusOblong said:
    What a colossal waste. RIP.

Shitty news. Really, though? OD?

• Not sure how to embed IG videos, but I just posted this clip from 25th Hour two days ago. Favorite DJ/club scene ever. PSH awkwardly making out with his underage student in the bathroom of a fancy bottle service club while Cymande's "Bra" builds up to his exit.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    mini said:
    Damn. Truly a great actor. R.I.P.

Weirdly enough, my wife and I were talking about him this morning. We were commenting on how well he and DeNiro performed in "Flawless.". Earlier during the week, we were quoting lines from "The Savages." We're big fans of his, and this is a huge loss to the motion picture industry. RIP Mr. Hoffman.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GibboGibbo 124 Posts
    A damn shame. He was a really solid, diverse actor. I was really surprised when it came out that he'd been abusing heroin for years unbeknownst to everyone around him. You never can tell... from what had been written he was on the up.

http://gawker.com/philip-seymour-hoffman-just-completed-detox-for-heroin-510832558

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    RIP.

First time I remember seeing him was in Happiness. Who could ever forget that phone prank masturbation postcard sticky scene... for better or for worse.

• he was one of the greats. my favourite film of his is "owning mahoney".

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

you know dude was a great actor when he could turn a bit part in a movie into a memorable character.

• bringing the heat. Maybe my favorite scene of his.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Herm said:
    Not sure how to embed IG videos, but I just posted this clip from 25th Hour two days ago. Favorite DJ/club scene ever. PSH awkwardly making out with his underage student in the bathroom of a fancy bottle service club while Cymande's "Bra" builds up to his exit.

That is also one of my favorite scenes of his (and of Spike Lee's)

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Heroin sucks. Lost a couple friends to that. It's crazy how it just takes people that have a life and turns them into something else. Such and amazing actor that was so original in his performances. Saw him walking down the street by himself at Sundance once. Just sipping on his coffee smiling like a regular person. Why he clearly had problems, being Hollywood was not one of them. RIP