Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fadenuf fa Erybody as album of the year. You know I'm with it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    j-zone is the only NYC rapper from that era, who i know, who repped rapalot thorough.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    a 20-year run of exhilarating personal victories, painful defeats, humbling reality checks, awkward dates on which I had to keep a straight face while I told a grown woman I was a rapper she???d never heard of,
    haha, excellent.

Great list - Wassup now murthafucka was my shit too on that artitfacts record. Id never heard of that Odd Squad record before for some reason. Sounds nice, will cop. Smart brainless rap ftw.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That Rap a Lot tune is nice, but a lotta those songs suck. Slept on for a reason.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not so much a "Slept-On" tracks off albums (I can never remember most great album filler tracks). Just a few nice tracks I enjoyed that year.

And of course an all time fav from the dude Mr. Attic and Da Grassroots gentlemen.

The_Non said:
    That Rap a Lot tune is nice, but a lotta those songs suck. Slept on for a reason.

You sound Canadien.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    DOR said:

oh hell yes.

Odd Squad too, classic album.

HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:

You sound Canadien.
    Get out your dueling pistol Shied, it's time to settle up after such an outrage.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I remember seeing that Tweedy in the Warehouse bins when I was a kid. QL must have spurned him.

The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:

You sound Canadien.
    Get out your dueling pistol Shied, it's time to settle up after such an outrage.

I listened to the whole album last night just to check how it sounds in 2014 and you are either bonkers or are still stuck on some residual hater ish from way back.

Man, what a year for Rap-A-Lot in fact...

Just scratching the surface of the rabbit hole...

Alright, this is my #1 pick right here...

Oh shit...

• HarveyCanal said:
    Just scratching the surface of the rabbit hole...

this is the Coup's best song.

• HarveyCanal said:

yes.

HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:

You sound Canadien.

I listened to the whole album last night just to check how it sounds in 2014 and you are either bonkers or are still stuck on some residual hater ish from way back.

I'M SAYING THAT RAP A LOT SHIT IS NICE, READ MA SHIT! Many of those OTHER songs suck!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:

You sound Canadien.

I'M SAYING THAT RAP A LOT SHIT IS NICE, READ MA SHIT! Many of those OTHER songs suck!

Gotcha.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    20 years ago was better for rapps, both known and unknown. I believe it.

• I always thought that ERule was a certified underground rap classic standard.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    J-Zone reminds me of Roger Ebert. When Ebert reviewed a movie, it was always on its own merits -- he could love a cheap horror movie for what it was, and not compare it to a sprawling Oscar-bait historical drama. The main question was: was it entertaining?

Same thing with Zone. Ganksta NIP and Nas can both have classic albums. It must drive his European fans nuts.