• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    speak on it Harvey
    elaborate

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Easy to cover as he always goes left...

Even when he bodysurfs...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Pshhhh...yeah..."Obama"...Love how people still refer to him by his fake-human name. Open your fucking eyes sheeple.

Master of disguise...

• speaking of UBL, just read this over lunch: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/160156/how-bin-laden-won

#fivepager#

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Oh great!

An Alex Jones bukkake thread.

:happyday:

• Bon Vivant said:
    Oh great!

An Alex Jones bukkake thread.

:happyday:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not sure what you're Obummed about.

The country is in the best shape it's been in for 40-50 years

More people have Health Insurance than ever before.

So many people are employed that we have to import workers to fill all the jobs.

We finally have a transparent government.

We are finally respected and loved by the rest of the world.

So what is there to bitch about?

That NSA bullshit? That's totally meaningless.

Benghazi? Even more meaningless.

That IRS thing? Meaningless

Stop ya bitchin and enjoy the good times!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    no US president will ever live up to anyone's[ left/right] standard because the office itself is tainted by the confines of a flawed system ???permanently.
    no matter who the president is the joint chief's of staff/pentagon,nsa,dia.cia.fbi,defense companies will run they game???eternally.

at least we have not entered into any new wars and weed is now legal in 2 states,women can for a minute still get abortions and insurance companies cannot ever again use the "PRE EXISTING CONDITION" as a context to fuck anyone over

that said he is still a shill and is about to sell out what little is left of the country with the tpp

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Part-3-The-Puzzle-of-Lib-by-Ian-Hansen-Authoritarianism_Ideology_Obama-Administration_Political-Psychology-140120-233.ht

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    speaking of UBL, just read this over lunch: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/160156/how-bin-laden-won

#fivepager#

I have not read the article yet, but it will be hard to get pass this headline:
    "The point of Sept. 11 wasn???t to terrorize the West. It was to get the U.S. out of the Muslim world???and it worked."

The US is far more "in" the Muslim world today than before 9/11.
    Before - Zero troops in Iraq.
    Before Zero troops in Afghanistan.
    Before near zero air strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and any where else we feel like.
    Before we never would have pulled strings and more in Libya and Egypt.

If you tell me the article is worth reading any way, and the author address all of the above, I will read it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Janet Brewer at one of her many low points.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    speaking of UBL, just read this over lunch: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/160156/how-bin-laden-won

#fivepager#

"The point of Sept. 11 wasn???t to terrorize the West. It was to get the U.S. out of the Muslim world???and it worked."

Before near zero air strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and any where else we feel like.

If you tell me the article is worth reading any way, and the author address all of the above, I will read it.

The author argues that Americans have been so focused on the short game (e.g., see your points of contention) that they ignored Bin Laden's stated objectives in the long term. I found it interesting... but I'm the kind of person who loves geopolitical analysis even when I don't agree with it.

• ketan said:
    LaserWolf said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

#fivepager#

The author argues that Americans have been so focused on the short game (e.g., see your points of contention) that they ignored Bin Laden's stated objectives in the long term. I found it interesting... but I'm the kind of person who loves geopolitical analysis even when I don't agree with it.

I actually think that little summary/teaser sentence is misleading. A more accurate summary is found n this line from the first paragraph:

"But to understand al-Qaida as an NBA franchise-style operation suggests a profound misunderstanding of the strategic purpose of the Sept. 11 attacks???which was not to create circumstances favorable to more big attacks on American soil, or to ensure organizational continuity, but rather to set off a history-altering chain reaction that would transform the Middle East into a region where the United States was no longer in charge of much of anything."

or this one:

"Bin Laden was guided by a coherent long-term strategy to attack America with the aim of provoking U.S. attacks on Muslim countries, where the jihadists could bleed the Americans dry and eventually force them to withdraw, which would leave local pro-American rulers isolated and unprotected by their superpower patron, and which would in turn set off a subsequent chain of revolutionary events that would bend the arc of Arab history in his favor"

@laaserwolf, I think it's worth reading, but that's just me.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ketan said:
    LaserWolf said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

#fivepager#

this article is pro israeli right wing reactionary militant uninformed hogwash
    i reckon they didn't read about the project for a new american century the neocons hooked up and manifested
    clash of civilizations hypothesis ?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-neocons-project-for-the-new-american-century-american-world-leadership-syria-next-to-pay-the-price/5305447

http://www.globalresearch.ca/west-attempts-to-trigger-clash-of-civilizations/5305356

• 20K for a CT scan? Jesus, I had a CT scan & an MRI as a ruse to get off work one day.

In NY the receptionist at a hospital quietly told me to give false information lest I be charged 3K for a consultation.....I was later called a cracker by an aggrieved pharmacy patron in Bushwick. The pain killers I was prescribed were bunk.

I like Obama, at least his lies make me feel good. Our leader is an evil fucker and he makes no bones about it.

It is impossible to get decent pickles here though, so yeah take the good with the bad.

(This is Canadian)

• Rockadelic said:
    Not sure what you're Obummed about.

So many people are employed that we have to import workers to fill all the jobs.

(In many ways that's true. The Forces of Stupid are getting desperate.)

(Why do you care? You live in the state with the highest percentage of uninsured children and you still say it's the best place to raise a child. Meanwhile the ACA is steadily chipping away at the national uninsured rate. It would be doing the same in your own state if you people could get your act together and elect a Governor with a human brain.)

(In fact we do import workers to fill jobs. I don't think you have a grasp of the real problems here.)

(Says the man who thinks Nixon was the best President in his lifetime.)

(This is mostly true.)

(For you? Rachel Maddow and people who are concerned about climate change.)

(Mostly. You had it right when you started that "No One Is Listening To Your Phone Calls" thread.)

(Completely so.)

(Meaningless to the Nth degree. Anyone who fell for that is waiting for checks from Nigeria.)

• ketan said:

(This is Canadian)

Time to invest in guillotine companies?

LazarusOblong said:
    ketan said:

(This is Canadian)

Time to invest in guillotine companies?

I just wasn't sure whether it was supposed to be funny.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BOOTSTRAPS

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Goddammit, Harv....you succeeded. People are taking this seriously.

I'm out....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Speaking of tl;dr's, the Remnick interviews of the president are worth your time. Obama speaks to that very question - the long game.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I recently had to experience how the US are still being seen as a shining example in much of the rest of the world:

I was waiting for a shipment of records from Lagos. The tracking told me day after day and week after week that the package had been gone through the sorting facilities in Lagos and was waiting to be put on a plane. After 3 weeks I had the sender go to the post office to investigate in person. He was told there was a threat of Boko Haram terrorists trying to blow up planes and how every single package had to be thoroughly inspected before being put on a plane and how this would unfortunately lead to massive delays. Another three weeks passed and still no progress. By then my friend had heard from someone who has a relative who's working at Nipost that they in fact had failed to pay their cargo bills for several months, that the plane companies would now refuse to take any Nipost cargo on board and how tons of packages would be stored in a warehouse close to the airport.