Who's That Lady? photo help related

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
Happy 2014 everybody!

I have a Jamaican friend in her mid 70's and, God bless her, she cannot remember who this woman is in this photo- she asked me if I knew, but I don't- the photo has been hanging in her house for about 40 years.

She knows that the woman pictured is/was a musician who visited her in Jamaica in the early 1970's and other than that she can't place who she is. It's not surprising as she's an eccentric lady who has lost a bit of her memory but she asked me, "who is this woman, do you know?" I told her no but if there's one place I can pose this question and hope for an accurate answer it is here, on this board. Any guesses? If it helps at all to give context for a time and place, she (my buddy, not the mystery lady in the photo) was married to the late Perry Henzell, the director of The Harder They Come. I don't know she sort of looks like a few different people, I can't call it.

See photo below:

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rita Coolidge?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DOR said:
    Rita Coolidge?

Yep.

• By George DOR I think you are right!!! I just googled Rita Coolidge (whose albums i have passed over many times but never paid mind to) and the images, especially that face and hair are HER, without a doubt!
    You are so good!
    2014 soulstrut expertise in effect, THANK YOU!

Happy f*#$^*n new years!!!
    She will be very appreciative of this!

• yes! thank you both! this must be from that photo shoot, hopefully it will make her remember! how nice, i can't wait to show her this thread and hear her say WOW

Many thanks!
    ps now I am reading about her, how she was married to Kris Kristofferson and had affairs that led to the Crosby Stills Nash breakup... new portals!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    If it helps at all to give context for a time and place, she (my buddy, not the mystery lady in the photo) was married to the late Perry Henzell, the director of The Harder They Come. I don't know she sort of looks like a few different people, I can't call it.

Based on this, I was going to say Susan O'Meara from "No Place Like Home". But no. Nice catch, DOR.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Rita Coolidge is just stunning in that photo. What a goddess.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The first self titled lp is very good.

Produced by Booker T Jones with Duck Dunn, Spooner Oldham and typical LA Guys like Chris Ethridge and Jim Keltner.
    Booker T was married to Rita's sister I think.

• what about this bloke? who is he?
    same photo collection, same elderly lady who can't remember!
    he looks like a zillion rock dudes but i can't place it:

Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)

• Yes!!!
    Thanks!!!